TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
ccc123

Default New Owner w/questions

We just got a TM 26 - we know nothing about these and just lucked into one that needs some major work. Thank god my husband is handy.

Where do I find on the trailer the product information and the vin if there is one? We have no title and will have to request a lost title - I don't even know how to figure out what year it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Great site!
Old 07-13-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: New Owner w/questions

There should be a little silver plate on the bottom section of the trailer. You have to have the trailer set up to find the plate. It is on the road side most often. To be a model 26, it has to be pre 1994. In 1994, they changed to the new number system that is being used. Our 1993 was a Model 23, but our 1994 was a 3326 King. Hope this helps. This little plate will have the year made, VIN number and weight of the unit.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:19 AM   #3
ColoradoCop

Did you buy the camper from a dealer or a private deal? If you purchased it from a dealer, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) should be on the bill of sale. Sometimes, it is identified as "Serial Number." If purchased from a private deal, they should have provided you with the title. The VIN will be on the Title. I Agree that there should be a metal plate on the road side of the camper, but sometimes they either fall off or get damaged. Also, check on the inside edge of the hitch. There sould be a series of numbers and letters stamped into the frame.

If you cannot find a VIN, contact your local law enforcement agency and request a VIN Inspection. Some agencies will charge a small fee to come and verify the VIN. Most officers have the knowledge of where they hide VIN's on most campers.

ColoradoCop

PS:  Forget to add that if the vehicle had been previously registered, there will be the VIN on the old registration.  Again, a local LE agency should be able to help you.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:26 AM   #4
ccc123

Thanks so much for answering back.  I did find the information on the inside cabinet door under the sink - though I did not find the weight.  

The year of our TM is 87.  Now question:

What kind of cabinet ac should we get and from where?  I see that there is a drain hole in the cabinet for it but we're not sure if we can just get a standard window unit or is an ac specifically made for this under counter thing.  

Also, can we just buy curtains for the TM or do I have to make some.  The tracks for the privacy currents are broken and cracked - are there replacements I can buy?

Yes, it needs so work but it has so much great potential.  We are so excited!  Thanks so much for all your answers.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #5
Happytrails

Chuckle, I guess I should hop in here right about now. Mine's a 1986 M25 which is very similar to yours. Your best bet on the AC unit is Home Depot, I think they're still running the same special on the ac units, they're Maytag, come with remote control, and you can get a 10,000 btu unit which will fit just nicely in the space you have provided for around $240.00. (No, mine came the same way, no ac unit, just a place to put one). All of the major work that *I* had to do is at my web page at:
http://members.aol.com/br768

Please feel free to email me via the provided links on my web page with any questions you may have. Oh, and the track thingy's for the privacy curtains can be had direct from TM for little to nothing, they're really good about their pricing and support. Feel free to shoot any questions you may have my way, I'll be happy to answer em.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails............[/glow]