TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
ccc123

Default TM Remodel Update

As some of you know - we aquired an 87 style 3023 TM. It was in need of some serious TLC. I was hoping someone lived near Naples FL, cause we've never seen what one looks like without any damage. Our few first major projects have consisted of:

We removed the left front top shell skin, and replaced the edges with all new 2x1 aluminum tubing instead of wood, new pocket stops, and a new solid skin (we eliminated the window). Since we are Miami Dol-fans we are putting a huge Miami Dolphin graphic on that side.

Since all the windows had been shot with bbs, we replaced all the windows with new bronze plexiglass.

I made new cushions for the sofa and recovered the bed holders with matching fabric.

I have so far painted the front shell, walls and ceiling, with an off white Satin Latex paint.

We removed all the flooring and put in 12x12 vinyl tiles. We then put in shoe mold painted the same as the wall around the whole base.

My husband is now working on the front part of the front shell and the right side of the shell. The wood was all rotted, so our TM wasn't lining up correctly.

If anyone has any good suggestions for curtains - privacy and window, I'd love to hear them.