TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
TREXHUNTERS
Site Sponsor

Default What to look for on used (2005-07) TMs

Hi,
My family and I have been looking at trailmanors to use for a 6 month trip through the western states and Alaska. We got the trailmanor input from Rockymtnray on the Tundrasolutions web site.(Who i see lives here, too.) We checked them out at an RV show and liked them. We live in central Texas.
We have been searching for a used 3124kb or 3023 but have been having a difficult time finding a used one from 2000-2003 (which is more our real affordability range). We have looked at a couple of units in the 2006/7 model years at around $20K. I have some questions concerning used units and what to look for based on looking at these first two. We were really surprised at the condition especially for one of them.

- In general what are the weak points that I should be looking for? Here are some of my specific questions. (I'll start a separate thread concerning our planned trip!)

(1) How to check for water leakage issues and what are the weak points.
For example, One unit we looked at had experienced some leakage but the owners had the entire roof re-caulked and that had fixed the problem. The other unit we looked at had a small amount of water under one bed and other water dripped down from the outside when putting the unit down. The caulking from the front of the aircon was visibly separated. (This was a 2007 3124kb.)
(2) Hinges: The swivel hinges for the wardrobe and foreward wall of the head seem weak. Are there replacements for these that are sturdier? On one of the units that we looked at, the hinge from the head was cracked and the door had come loose.
(3) How should the bed slides work (the ones on the bottom on the outside)?
On one of the units that we looked at, it appeared that the slide bolts had dug into the particle board platform under the bed. I would think that there should be a metal or plastic insert here to act as a guide.
(4) On one unit, almost all of the windows would not completely close/seat and therefore wouldn't latch. Is this a common problem?

thanks for your help
TREXHUNTERS is offline   Reply With Quote