TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #21
Buck Mills

Default Pulled the Trigger

Went to the RV show this week end and put the Down Payment on the 2007 3124Ks unit. Hope to go over next week end or the one after depending on weather to pick it up. I'm a teacher and March 24th begins our spring break, I'd like to take it some where nice for the break.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #22
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

That's great news, Buck! Welcome to the club. I'm sure you're going to love it.

Now you have to become a full-fledged Sponsor on this board, so you don't miss any of the goodies.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #23
markandanne

Default Congrats, Buck!

We're tentatively planning on picking up our 3124KB on March 28th as we're busy the next couple weekends ... and we want to upgrade our TV in the interim anyway. Would have been fun to meet another forum member while we were both picking up our new units! Our spring break begins March 31st and we plan to try her out then, too, although it will probably be in our driveway due to other commitments already planned for the break. We want to get in as much "practice" as possible before our big trip this summer.

PS Bill: You'll notice our second 'big' purchase yesterday was becoming site sponsors here.

-Anne
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #24
Al-n-Sue

Great news Buck. We were at the show on Saturday - I was hoping I might run into you - always great to put at face to a name. We made a deposit on our 2003 3124kb last week and Dave told me it arrived on Saturday. We'll go take a look on Tuesday and start arranging for pickup. I've never bought something this big sight unseen - but my salesman said if I didn't lock it up last week, it would be gone before the show! And he is likely right - Dave turns them really fast. It may be a few weeks before mine is ready, but we are anxous to take it out sometime next month -pending a nice April in Colorado!
Maybe we'll run into each other along the way.
Good luck.
Alan
Old 03-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandanne View Post
PS Bill: You'll notice our second 'big' purchase yesterday was becoming site sponsors here.

-Anne
I'm glad to see it. Most folks agree that the Sponsor fee is cheap for all the info available from the members of this board.

BTW, our daughter and her husband live in Longmont, near Ute Creek Golf Course. Perhaps when we visit them in spring and fall - and park our TM in the street in front of their house - we'll get a chance to meet.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #26
Fdxflyer

We have a 3124KS so a couple quick notes:
1.We got ours in Colo. Sprgs. and the swing hitch was added by them. The shop they use did a real nice job.
2. Ours is a 2007 that supposedly had risers as standard but we added 2 1/2 blocks anyway and am glad we did. It is just enough extra to give us the clearance we have needed on several occasions.
3. It was supposed to come with a 40 gal. water tank but didn't so we added another 20. Not a problem.
4. We have the vinyl floor which we like but we have had a problem with it bubbling in front of the heater when it gets hot. TM says that has never happened (I don't believe them) and the dealer tried but failed to fix it. I added a magnetic heat register deflector to direct the air up and keep a carpet in front of the heater. That pretty much takes care of the problem.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #27
Buck Mills

Default The RV Show & 40 Gal & Extra Lift

I got to the Colorado RV show around 10 am. Purchased within an hour or so. There seemed to be several people interested in the 2007 3124Ks so it encouraged me to go ahead with the purchase.

I got the impression you could not install 40 on the KS. I would love to add the extra 20!!

The extra lift? Maybe I should go with that too but the rep that was there indicated how easy it was to perform, like I could do it myself? So maybe I will wait on that. David acted like I should go with the standard and the 15" tires would likely create a high enough base.

I was around the show until about 1 pm browsing some of the other vendors and exhibits.

Weather is looking a little poor for this weekend, but I may go pick it up anyway so that I have it for the beginning of our spring break which is the next week.

Hope to see some of you on the road.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
Buck Mills

Smile 40 gal Potable of 3124 KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdxflyer View Post
We have a 3124KS so a couple quick notes:
1.We got ours in Colo. Sprgs. and the swing hitch was added by them. The shop they use did a real nice job.
2. Ours is a 2007 that supposedly had risers as standard but we added 2 1/2 blocks anyway and am glad we did. It is just enough extra to give us the clearance we have needed on several occasions.
3. It was supposed to come with a 40 gal. water tank but didn't so we added another 20. Not a problem.
4. We have the vinyl floor which we like but we have had a problem with it bubbling in front of the heater when it gets hot. TM says that has never happened (I don't believe them) and the dealer tried but failed to fix it. I added a magnetic heat register deflector to direct the air up and keep a carpet in front of the heater. That pretty much takes care of the problem.
So where did the extra 20 go? I just figured I'd add some more portable containers.

I'm going on my 1st real trip in my new TM Sunday
Old 03-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
lnussbau

We looked at the Chalet (at the Car Show in Colorado Springs) before winding up with the 2720SL- just the wife and me, and the extra living space is nice).

Note that the Car Show is a very experienced TM dealer, and they've been pretty decent to work with. They're one of the better dealers out there.

• Low Profile Roof Air Conditioning- Does this provide heat too, seems like I read somewhere it did?

Yes, it does provide some heat -- takes a while to notice, though, and it's loud and draws a lot of juice. Useless, of course, when you aren't plugged in. We bought a small Holmes electric heater that, so far, has given us all the heat we want, even when set on low (the propane furnace isn't exactly quiet either, though it works without shore power). It's also a MUCH better choice if you're running on a generator (we have the Honda 2000i).

• TV Antenna w/Amplifier - Would I need this is I got the Satellite system?

Since we don't have satellite, we find this handy on the occasions that we actually watch TV, and you might consider what it means for resale some day, even if you don't need it yourself.

• Hanging cabinet over sink, Hanging cabinet over stove - Are these too much of a pain to setup, in frequent stop camping than they are worth?

The hanging cabinet is nice -- we keep plastic plates and cups, condiments, etc. in it, and it only takes a few seconds to hang -- lift, slide in to catches, and release. Much better than having something else in the way on the floor or counter to store these items.

• Microwave Box w/Drawer - What does this really do, is it necessary

It just makes the small counter space next to the wardrobe be level with the rest of the counter. We find it handy, and we store silverware in the drawer.

• Swing Hitch (reduces length by 2') Can this be changed later?

I don't think the Car Show carries this from the factory, though you can order it. However we wanted this feature, so they installed it themselves. They actually do it better than the factory (at least in 2006), as they install a couple of large, heavy bolts to hold it together and eliminate the slop (and other potential problems) that was in the factory unit. It works well, and seems to be as strong (the way they did it) as it would be without the swing hitch.

"Do you know if you can add an extra access door. I was thinking about a small door I could use to put my cat inside while the TM is closed for times when I stop and don't want to leave her in the car. I'd assume it'd stay more comfortable in there if I stop for lunch or something."

If you look carefully at the TM when it's closed up, you'll see that you'd have to cut through both the top and bottom shells, as well as the bottom door half, to put in a cat door. The two top halves overlap for a good chunk of the middle of the TM when it is closed. And there's not a lot of room inside when closed, plus it's bound to heat up in the sun. Ventilation would be lacking, also.

I can't really comment on your other items, though. Good luck.