TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
hhoenig

Default mirrors

I am considering the Tow-n-See mirrors, they come in convex and flat. There are members here who have them and think they are too small ,if that is true, I think the convex lens might give better coverage. I really like the ease of installation and adjusting, just not sure about using convex lenses, as they are very distorted. Does anyone use convex mirrors ? The mirrors I am using now are a real pain, I would love to get rid of them. Thanks for any comments.
Henry
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

I had them, and was happy. The small size didn't bother me, the convex was too small to do any good. I no longer am happy, or use them. After 3 months one lost the ability to hold, and my rv dealer replaced it free. Last month, one again would not stay on just before leaving for a 16 day trip. I used one on the driver side, and carried along one of my McKeish (don't like them either.) I have now installed permenate electric mirrors on my tv. If the tow n see would have stayed on they would have been ok for me since I have a full size pu.
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Senorsedona

Cool Tow N See

I've had my Tow-N-see's for 3 years. They could be a little larger, but they do the job. I've been very happy with them. I found that you should REALLY clean the truck mirror before attaching the tow mirror.

The price is right & very easy to use.

Good luck

Jack
Old 03-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Default Tow-N-See mirrors

I got this e-mail today, only fair to post it.

Hi Worrydog:

I was reading some forums on the internet and came across a comment you posted in April of last year about the Tow-N-See mirrors that you bought. We would like you to return the mirrors to our company so that we can look at what the problem could have been. We stand behind our Tow-N-See mirrors and people have been very happy with them, but of course sometimes things just go wrong. We would be happy to send you a new set of mirrors. Just for your information, we were chosen as accessory of the year by a major RV magazine in the Netherlands.
Our address is:
Horst Dynamics, Inc.
2278 S. Kalamath
Denver, CO 80223
Ph:
303-761-9388

Kind Regards,

John
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Al-n-Sue

Default How much extension with Tow-n-see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorsedona View Post
I've had my Tow-N-see's for 3 years. They could be a little larger, but they do the job.
My dealer swears by the Tow-n-see and that is probably what I'll get when we pick up our 3124KB next week. However, I measured from center to center of my mirrors (2001 Durango) and it is 77 inches. The TM is 91 inches wide. That's a 14 inch differential so I'll need 7 inches of extension on each side to see around the TM. Does the Tow-n-see have this much extension?

Thanks!
Alan
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

I've had both McKesh & Tow-n-see mirrors. The McKesh mirrors leave something to be desired in the "looks" department but perform exceptionally well.

I've previously posted that I had two issues with the Tow-n-see mirrors. First, the mirror pocket in my '04 Tundra was too deep for these mirrors to obtain optimal positioning. Second, I noticed that when I moved my truck mirrors around to adjust the tow-n-see mirror, the truck mirrors ended up being pointed in some odd direction so that if I inadventently looked into them I might be looking at trees or something.
The Mckesh did not have those two issues because they act indepently of the vehicle mirrors.

Having said that, and as shown by previous posters on this thread there are many people that are very happy with them.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
commodor47
Site Sponsor

I picked up a pair of these slide-on mirrors this fall. They work great and offer a good, steady view along each side of the TM. Installed them for our winter travel to AZ and FL.

http://www.etrailer.com/mm5/merchant..._Code=CTM2200A

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
My dealer swears by the Tow-n-see and that is probably what I'll get when we pick up our 3124KB next week. However, I measured from center to center of my mirrors (2001 Durango) and it is 77 inches. The TM is 91 inches wide. That's a 14 inch differential so I'll need 7 inches of extension on each side to see around the TM. Does the Tow-n-see have this much extension? Thanks!
Well, if your TM is 91 inches wide, and your mirrors are 91" apart, then I'm sure you know you are not going to see "around your TM". You need your mirrors to be WIDER than the TM, to see behind it and to meet the requirements of several states for a 200-foot convergence.

There was a discussion here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3658

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
mtnguy

For those with newer model tow vehicles: Check at the parts department of your dealership for factory slip-on mirrors. I know that Ford has them for their F150s, and would think that other manufacturers would carry something like that also. They were $80 or so, but they work great.

Chap
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

Any part number for the Ford slip on mirrors? Thanks
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote