TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2023, 07:11 AM   #11
Househunterlives

My Son and I drove to Savannah, GA to purchase our TM from and individual. 3 hour drive for us. Was a our first camper and first TM. After making the deal it was late, getting dark and I didn't want to tow it back in the dark. Just in case something went bad on us. So found the nearest KOA and spent the night. Everything was going good. Went into town and got something to eat and returned to the camper. By now it was raining. Not just raining, but raining hard! like hurricane style. So here we are in the Suburban, hoping the rain would let up. No way. So we decide to make a run for the camper. Son grab the chicken I made sure I had the camper keys in my hand. Ready to unlock the camper. Plan was I would unlock the camper then he would make a run for the camper. Well executed plan. Now inside trying to dry out from the rain. Ate our chicken. Was still raining so hard we couldn't hear each other talk. So decide to go to bed. There was a couple of times I think the trailer lifted up off the ground. People next door in their Class A keep looking out their window at us and looking at the sky. Like tornado is coming. So thought I would hit the remote to the car to make sure its lock....That is when I realized the car keys where in the car. I ran outside to check and yep they where inside the car alright. Lock up tight. No worries about securing the car. Had to call a locksmith the next day to get the car unlock. Almost didn't make the checkout time. Still to this day my Son makes fun of me for locking the keys in the car.
Househunterlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:51 PM   #12
larsdennert

Good stories make great memories!
larsdennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 07:50 PM   #13
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Househunterlives View Post
My Son and I drove to Savannah, GA to purchase our TM from and individual. 3 hour drive for us. Was a our first camper and first TM. After making the deal it was late, getting dark and I didn't want to tow it back in the dark. Just in case something went bad on us. So found the nearest KOA and spent the night. Everything was going good. Went into town and got something to eat and returned to the camper. By now it was raining. Not just raining, but raining hard! like hurricane style. So here we are in the Suburban, hoping the rain would let up. No way. So we decide to make a run for the camper. Son grab the chicken I made sure I had the camper keys in my hand. Ready to unlock the camper. Plan was I would unlock the camper then he would make a run for the camper. Well executed plan. Now inside trying to dry out from the rain. Ate our chicken. Was still raining so hard we couldn't hear each other talk. So decide to go to bed. There was a couple of times I think the trailer lifted up off the ground. People next door in their Class A keep looking out their window at us and looking at the sky. Like tornado is coming. So thought I would hit the remote to the car to make sure its lock....That is when I realized the car keys where in the car. I ran outside to check and yep they where inside the car alright. Lock up tight. No worries about securing the car. Had to call a locksmith the next day to get the car unlock. Almost didn't make the checkout time. Still to this day my Son makes fun of me for locking the keys in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert View Post
Good stories make great memories!

Also talking about the wind vs a Trail Manor, several years ago there was one hurricane that hit the panhandle area of FL and continued north through central GA. Caused massive damage to FL and the south west portions of GA. I had my camper opened up for cleaning and maintenance so I lowered the shells knowing the storm might possibly impact our area. But I thought just lowering it would be good enough without actually locking down the shells. Came out the next morning and found the front shell had been completely raised back up by a BIG gust of wind from the southwest. Plus a lot of additional cleanup inside.

Also my neighbor's fold-up basketball goal, 30 feet away, had been fully pushed back up due to the same big gust of wind.

Interestingly, a flimsy wire/cardboard political campaign ad in the neighbor's front yard was still standing proudly.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lesson, new camper, trailer