TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2022, 07:04 AM   #1
BeeGeeSHO

Default Due for a factory visit, what should be on my list?

I have an appointment to drop off my 2007 3124KS, I need to compile a "To Do List." Could I please get a list of general suggestions so that I don't omit something common sense inadvertently.

Sidenote: Does anybody know what upgrades the factory can do that would "modernize" my 2007 and add features that a newer model comes with? (ie: solar plug maybe?)

Thank you for your time.
BeeGeeSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:01 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGeeSHO View Post
I have an appointment to drop off my 2007 3124KS, I need to compile a "To Do List." Could I please get a list of general suggestions so that I don't omit something common sense inadvertently.

Sidenote: Does anybody know what upgrades the factory can do that would "modernize" my 2007 and add features that a newer model comes with? (ie: solar plug maybe?)

Thank you for your time.
Definitely have your tortion bars adjusted. It may be a good idea to have the brakes checked and the wheel bearings removed, inspected and lubed (not just a squirt of grease in the hubs). On a trailer that age, have all of the nylon bearings for your slides checked. It's a good idea to have them check for loose and/or missing screws. Have the water heater inspected and flushed. Have the roof seals inspected, cleaned and/or replaced if necessary. Same thing with the lower body seals with the velcro on them.

I good upgrade might be to have a more modern electrical converter installed.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Shane826
TrailManor Master

FULL tuneup to include torsion bar adjustment, lift arm height adjustment, and pocket-stop adjustments. If they recommend replacing any torsion bars, do it, but make sure they are replaced in pairs. Your TM will probably open like new when they are done.

If your bag seals are AT ALL degraded, that is the time to replace them, along with the wood behind the main bag seals if rotted. Also inspect the bag seals around the bottom of the shells, let them replace those as well if needed.

If your velcro flaps are in rough shape they can replace those pretty easily while the shells are off or lifted for bag seals. They run $55-$65 each.

Your 2007 TM door is wood framed. Have them check the bottom of the upper door. If it’s rotted (mine was), they can re-frame it in aluminum.

The above items are TM specific and you should use the opportunity to make sure they are 100% in good shape. Most places don’t know what they are doing in those areas.

As for updates, I’m not sure. Solar may be tough as it entails running wires through the walls and ceiling. They can add a swing hitch if you don’t have one. They can get you new cushions (someone on FB had new vinyl/faux leather) and/or curtains. I had them add “changing room” curtains (see pics) across the hall from the bathroom to the opposite wall, but I don’t know how that will work with the stove placement on a 3124. (there is a second curtain over to the wall. I would make the track a bit longer towards the sink so the open curtain doesn’t block airflow.

The folks at TM do amazing work and take pride in what they do. It gets expensive but you when you’re camping and it all works correctly you’ll never think about the price. Trust me, I dropped a small fortune to rebuild my 3326 and if I had the chance to make change that decision I wouldn’t change a thing. The camper works flawlessly and it was worth every penny. Tell Jacob and Paul I said hello!

Also check out the thread here about getting to the factory. GPS will get you really really lost.

PS- I sent you a private message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD6287E8-6D7F-4F08-8D03-670A41934615.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	911.5 KB
ID:	20537   Click image for larger version

Name:	E36C9344-F96C-4573-8F1B-D0244866AD30.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	944.1 KB
ID:	20538  
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 11:54 AM   #4
MrGallegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGeeSHO View Post

Thank you for your time.
Please give us an update once it is all done, so that we have idea what was done and what it costs. I have a feeling I will need to make a trip up there to get torsion bars adjusted or replace.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:54 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

BeeGee -

Be sure you send them a detailed list of tasks well in advance. And be sure you specify their priority. Since many of the tasks are kind of open-ended, and the time-to-complete each one isn't known in advance, there is a good chance that some of them won't get done. For example, a task like "Check the roof seals" might take 15 minutes if all is well, or several hours if a number of seals need to be raked out, cleaned, and re-caulked.

They are very busy assembling trailers, they have limited manpower, and they will pull people off the production line to accomplish your tasks. They will work this into their build schedule to the best of their ability, and they will move people around to cover the gaps. But production is their first priority. If you are lucky, you will spend a few minutes with Paul Wipf, the head of the whole company. You will certainly meet Jacob, the head of production and the guy who will take care of you. He is a wonderful young guy, and he will say "We'll do our best" - but that doesn't guarantee it will get done. And if you come up with any "oh, by the way" unplanned tasks when you arrive, there is a good chance they won't get done, either.

If you can be flexible about when you want to pick up your TM at the end of the job, that will help, too.

Guess how I know all this? I took my 2020 2720QS to them, and made some of these mistakes. I'll be smarter next time.

By the way, do you know how to get to the factory? It is not straightforward, and if you follow your GPS to any of the addresses you happen to find on-line, you will not get there. I suggest you find this post in the Technical Library, print out the written directions (thanks for them, Shane) and the map, and use it.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=20518

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:56 AM   #6
BeeGeeSHO

Thank you for all the replies, I just delivered my TM to the factory and my appointment is for later this month. My list is currently semi-concrete, but I'm still pondering and coming up with little things I may add.

Keep your ideas coming if you feel the responses thus far omitted something.
BeeGeeSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:03 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Let us know how it works out. It will be interesting and informative for the rest of us to see what you had in mind, and what actually got done.

Cost would be interesting as well, but it is not the primary interest.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote