TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2003, 05:55 AM   #1

Default New 3023 owner thanks to you all

Ive been  reading everything on this site for 2 weeks, and after looking at and researching campers for only  a month ( im dizzy, btw). My wife and i put a deposit on a new('02 with full warranty) 3023. The dealer also had an  '02-2720, which i prefered over  the 3023 because i could put it in the garage. However, we have 2 kids (8 and 10) , and my wife likes the couches and extra room the 3023 provides. I feel like im spending 4K for a couch, but what Mama like, Mama get! I wanted to thank everyone for all the great info on this site. I could have never made a decision so quickly without everyone else doing  the leg work and sharing information about their Trailmanors. Im sure we have made the right choice. We will pick  it up the 1st week of July. I have looked in, thru, and under the camper. The only problem i see is the front  roof vent shows  evidence of a leak. There are a few rusty water spots on the ceiling panel under(or above) the plastic trim.  The dealer said they would take care of anything i found. Is there anything else i should look for? Im  going to ask them to basically fire up everything in the camper to make sure it all works properly , and that nothing is leaking. Ive also asked them to re-pack the wheel bearings. We will be pulling it with a Caravan ( i know, i know!) with a Wd hitch just for a few local trips the rest of this year. In the spring we will get another vehicle that can hande 5K lbs. min. to be on the safe and carefree side. Cant wait to get it, and Thanks again
Old 06-13-2003, 06:18 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: New 3023 owner thanks to you all

You don't have to explain that what mama wants, mama gets -- I understand for sure.  Congrats on your purchase.  Repacking the bearings is a smart idea, and while it may not be necessary, it certainly won't hurt.