TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
2bcs1jrt

Default Gray water with hook ups

I have a 1996 TM. Recently purchased and have yet to use it. It is currently being held hostage for repairs at a TM dealership. My question is this. How do you know if your gray water is full when you are hooked up to city water? Please forgive if this is a dumb question. The answer was easy with my tent trailer. Go outside and look at the container that sat on the ground catching the gray water.
I never actually saw my gray water tank during my brief posession of our new toy.
Thanks in advance
Cheri
Old 07-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
lprefsell

Smile make my comment ref to a 1996 model...duh

Not sure of the 1996 models, but most nowdays have a moniter panel you can check with a touch of a button, giving you the gray water's status in 1/4th tank incriments.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Thanks, but nothing in my trailer like that, that I know of.. sigh
Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
hal

It would be a surprise if you don't have one. Look on the front pannel of your sink, just above the doors. You should find an electronic thingy. It should have three rocker type switches. One is for your fresh water supply tank and give you an indication as to the amount of drinking water is left in the tank. Tthe second is to inform you of the amount of gray water in the gray water tank and informs you how full your gray water tank is. The third is for checking the amount of charge left in your battery. Your battery indicator may have four miniature lights. If your TM is hooked up to AC, the top light (green?) should be illuminated. Without your TM hooked up to AC, the second light from the top may be illuminated to inform you that your battery is charged. As you use your battery more, the third light may come on when you rock this switch,..... or the bottom light to indicate that your battery is low enough in charge that you are being warned.

Hal
Old 07-16-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If you don't have a monitor panel, you will know that the gray water tank is full when the gray water starts backing up into the bottom of the tub. The tub is the lowest point in the drain system. BTW, this is not nearly as nasty as it sounds, since gray water is not particularly dirty. It has happened to me a couple times. Just go outside and drain the gray tank, then come in and use the shower nozzle to rinse off the bottom of the tub.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #6
2bcs1jrt

I will look for a monitor when I get my trailer back from being repaired. The question never occurred to me while it was set up in my driveway .
Thanks!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #7
kozfam4

Your '96 isn't going to have that monitor. My '97 doesn't have it. The only thing on the front of the sink is two switches (one of the water pump, the other is for the fridge fan). That and the hookups for the TV antenna (the switch there is for the booster).

Bill is right. When you start getting water in the bottom of the tub, you are full. We originally thought the drain was clogged until we noticed it starting to rise with the continual use of the sinks. I went out after dark and drained a little bit at a time while rinsing the ground with water from the winterizing valve (how convienent).

While on city water, the grey water tank does fill rather fast. I didn't think we used that much water during that one stop. I think we're going to look into getting one of those portable tanks or just get a full hookup site when staying more than a couple days.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
TexasThunder

My 93 has a monitor on the front of the sink with three columns of LED's and it shows fresh water, grey water and battery levels, and has switches for refer fan and water pump.
The tv hooks are on the end of the counter cabinet, you would face them if you were sitting on the sofa facing the rear of the TM.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
2bcs1jrt

I recently (like days ago) received a manual that reflects my 1996 TM, thanks to a generous forum member, and found that the monitor was optional equipment on the 2518. Apparently the original owner did not opt for this feature, so I will watch my ankles and look for that winterizing valve when I get it back from the shop, which is going on 3 weeks now
Thanks
Cheri
Old 06-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
camp2canoe

Default Gray water

We carry a 25' hose in our rear bumper specifically for gray water disposal. It gets the water away from the TM and is pretty much a necessity if you plan to shower without full hookup. Apologies in advance to fellow TMers who would never bleed gray water into the environment under any circumstance! The hose fits on to a spare 3" termination cap (Valterra part T1020-1 or F02-3106BK) with a 3/4" male garden hose fitting.