TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Default Trail Manor is back!

Looks like the sale is complete....update posted here

Confirmation Elkmont line is discontinued, at least for now. Plan to stock more parts at key dealers.

General Offices: P.O. Box 397, Hartington, NE 68739

New factory address in TN:

1202 McGhee Lane
Jacksboro, TN 37757

"additional" manufacturing facility coming in 2012 in Hartingon, NE
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Scottie Dogs

Default Trail Manor is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDog View Post
Looks like the sale is complete....update posted here

Confirmation Elkmont line is discontinued, at least for now. Plan to stock more parts at key dealers.

General Offices: P.O. Box 397, Hartington, NE 68739

New factory address in TN:

1202 McGhee Lane
Jacksboro, TN 37757

"additional" manufacturing facility coming in 2012 in Hartingon, NE

This is GREAT news thanks so much for this news!!!!

Dave
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good news for all of us - especially those who never lost faith. Shandy, step to the front!

The new location in Jacksboro, TN, is just 10 miles up the road from Lake City. I would assume, though I have no knowledge, that many of the employees simply moved with the company.

It will take them a while to get up to speed again, but the changes such as a better Parts Dept sound like something this board has advocated for a long time.

Welcome back, TM.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

This just showed up on their Facebook page as well. Good to hear some official news.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
bell
Site Sponsor

Default Phone

Trailmanor phone is out of order
Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Shandysplace

Default New TM Will Not Have An 800 #.

From their announcement letter on the website, their new number is (423) 563-6685.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Link to the letter on the Trailmanor site: http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Media/...anorFriend.pdf

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Shandysplace

Default Letter from the Eickhoff's re the new TM.

For those who may not have heard yet, here is the letter from the Eickhoffs talking about the new TM:

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Me...anorFriend.pdf. Note the letter does not reference unpaid warranty claims which Bob said would be honored. We've sent an e-mail to Ed Lytle to see what the process will be.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
mbd4kids

YEAH!! Awesome news..made my day
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

I was so glad to hear that the new TrailManor company is opened now for business even though we no longer are owners of the product. I am sure there are a lot of TrailManor owners whose nerves are now calmed down with this news.

Sharon was correct in saying that the letter does not mention anything about previous unpaid warranty claims. As you noted Bob E. said that they purchased the ASSETS and nothing was mentioned about the unpaid warranty claims which would fall under the category of liabilities.

It's nice that we have a new phone number to call, but I can't believe that in this day and age the number is a toll call for a customer, and not a toll free number like the old TrailManor phone number.

Bob also mentioned that they would be having two plants for added manufacturing capability. For me having 2 separate plants to maintain would be more costly than having one plant. They closed down the plant in Lake City because we were told that there was too much capacity and it was too costly to operate. Maybe I am reading too much into the letter, but this doesn't add up.

Also, Bob mentioned that they are not making the Elkmonts since they want to devote their production to the Sport model which has a high demand. If that is the case, then why do we see the same 16 & 19 RD models on Custom RV, The Auto Store in Colorado, and MCD RV in Hyanis????? The prices for these units are sure not more affordable for new buyers. I guess Bob has not looked at the prices of their competition. The prices that the above 3 dealers want for the 16 & 19RD models is just ridiculous. Sure it is easy to tow, and light weight, but the price for me would out weigh the positives.

They plan on having excellent customer service for their product from the NEW TrailManor Co. In my estimation the old TrailManor company already had this because of our dear friend Ed Lytle. I sure hope that he will be with the NEW TrailManor Co. He will be one of their biggest assets that they have. They plan on building a quality product. I sure hope so because if they don't, they will be out of business before you know it. It was because of poor quality and workmanship that got them into trouble in the past. People will not tolerate poor quality when they pay a lot of their hard earned money. They expect for the most part a trouble free product, and not a lot of problems that we heard about on the forum before TrailManor closed their doors.

My best wishes for their success in this difficult economy and environment. They have a long and difficult road ahead of them after the damage that was done when the old TrailManor closed their doors around Labor Day leaving loyal customers and dealers in the dark.

Even though we do not own a TrailManor any longer, I still enjoy checking out the forum on a daily basis to see what is happening. I firmly believe that this forum was a good thing for all of us after the closing of the Old TrailManor company. For those who still owned a TrailManor, the forum gave us some hope for a NEW TrailManor Company to open soon.