TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
My4xys

Default Where do you store hoses, chairs, etc..

Hi, I am considering a 3023, I have 4 children. We had a full size trailer, which had lots of storage. My question is where do you store your water hoses, sewer hose, extension cords, grill, lawn chairs, since there seems to be very little exterior storage.
Also how heavy are the upper cabinets, can they be easily removed full or is it necessary to empty them before removal. Thanks for your expertise.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
M&M Hokie

The two upper cabinets weighed a total of 23 pounds empty the one time I weighed them. They can be installed/removed full
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Bluegrass

Water hose goes in the rear compartment along with filter and pressure gauge. Same for the grill. Ditto for a bucket, axe, lantern, water cooler, and sundry other stuff. Sewer hose goes in center compartment of the rear bumper along with a box of latex gloves for handling the thing. Electric extension cord and adapters go in the right compartment of the rear bumper. Chairs go in the TV along with a folding table and outdoor carpet.

Hope this helps.

Keith
Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
mbd4kids

I wish the 3023 had all that extra storage! I also have 4 kids and a 3023. I keep the sewer hose in the rear bumper, and hoses in the rear storage bin in front of the bumper. In the rear storage compartment I just keep "extra" stuff such as silicone spray, etc. Used to keep the outdoor rug in there, but upgraded rug size so it no longer fits. I put an extra hitch receiver on the bumper, and have a "tray" attached to the back. I either put the grill on it, or strap the chairs to it. I have modified the wardrobe to have shelves for extra storage (we weren't using the hanging space often), and even keep a plastic 4 drawer unit in the camper, which I then place in the tub area (with a small shelf across the tub to hold it), for extra clothes storage. We have the cabinet above the sink with plastic and paper plates/cups and a couple of coffee cups, and I can lift it without emptying. I also made a shelf for above the stove to put a microwave on to free up counter space. The little ledges on the backs of the sofas are great for cell phones and such. I keep a small crate inside which then slides under the trailer for shoes to keep the floor open, and have generally opted for keeping the table folded and eating outside, again for more floor space. We used to have a full size trailer with bunks, which definitely had more space and storage, but have made some modifications and fit into this one, which tows much easier. Good luck!
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Awhile back we started using the big plastic bins that travel in the trailer between the dinette couches. They take less than a minute to stack outside at the campsite (we have the ones with the one piece lids so that they shed the rain when necessary). In there, we put all the things we use occasionally, like some of the larger pots and pans, extra linens, lanterns & fuel, TV cable wire, tarps, the barbecue, etc. Some are for "clean" storage, others not so much. There's also lots of room around these for the outdoor chairs and the active towels and other flat things that can be laid on top.

We travel with just two of us, mostly. I'm sure traveling with 4 kids is always an adventure, but it seems like the best camping memories our kids have been in some of the tightest quarters (we have three sons who now have made parenting a spectator sport for us).

The camping carpet gets rolled up and put between the battery box and the propane tanks, secured with a bungee cord.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote