TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

You might also talk with your agent to express your displeasure with the way this is handled and that you will remember this when it comes time to renew your policy. Agents typically get commissions not only when they sell new policies, but also when you renew, so they have an interest in seeing that you stay happy.

If your carrier is one of those "direct" companies....GEICO, Progressive, etc., where there are no agents, well then this isn't an option.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Al-n-Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
If your carrier is one of those "direct" companies....GEICO, Progressive, etc., where there are no agents, well then this isn't an option.

Dave
Just because they don't have agents, these "direct" companies are still interested in customer service. (I work at one of them - in the IT department). So you still have some leverage. Whoever is handling your claim should be very interested in you getting a fair settlement.

On the "20%" off comment - I've not seen this much with TM. When I bought my 2003 3124 in 2008 - a trade in to the dealer - I paid what the dealer asked. If I had not, he had a list of people behind me who would have. You may get a decent discount on a new TM from a dealer, and you will certainly get a good discount on other RVs from dealers - and even from individuals. But TMs are a different animal. That being said, when I sold my Starcraft popup I got $300 OVER the NADA price - and had a waiting list!

It is a supply and demand issue!
Alan
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I have had allot of dealings with Insurance Adjusters but some of my worst experiences have been with auto adjusters.

We was in a very bad roll over accident with our last Land Rover & the Grange Insurance adjusters tried to bully us. It didn't work we told them like it was when they tried to low ball us. One thing with most companies is they don't want a claim to stay open that should close because it will make them look bad.

The adjuster said we could replace our rover for an unrealistic price so we said show us one. As for taking prices from all over the country you can demand delivery be added to make it equal out to a apples to apples comparison. Also Another way to handle it is to let them know you are recording all calls with them just like they do to protect their selves.

The Grange adjuster was so horrible that she took our rental car away if I remember correctly on Christmas Eve hoping to bully us into a settlement that was better for them. We didn't bully & had all proof of value & said we would take legal action, report them to every agency available & run advertisements if necessary. we eventually came to a good settlement without either side really winning & when renewal came I moved Our Commercial, Auto, Home & Life from them. We had been very pleased with them for many years before this.

We have purchased insurance for the TM that replaces for first 5 model years & after that pays us at least what we paid for it in the first place if totaled. It also seems if you sneeze on a travel trailer it is totaled LOL ROFL.

Good Luck

Not all insurance adjusters are bad & in reality most are fair.

Ps. You also usually have the rite to ask for a new adjuster or at minimum request a meeting with his or her supervisor.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #14
FREDERICK4
BannedUsers

Typically a policyholder hires a public adjuster to document and expedite their claims, obtain a more satisfactory claim recovery, more quickly, and completely restore their residence or business operations, and Insurance Claim Adjuster themselves from the stress of engaging in an adversarial role with a large corporation.
FREDERICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote