TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
gocntry

Default Decode A Trailmanor VIN??

Do The VIN Numbers For A Trailmanor Have Any Meaning Like They Do For Vehicles? Is There A Way To Decode Them?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocntry View Post
Do The VIN Numbers For A Trailmanor Have Any Meaning Like They Do For Vehicles? Is There A Way To Decode Them?

Thanks
Jeff
Welcome to the forums, Jeff. We talked about the VIN numbers awhile back in identifying the model year. Let me go back and see if I can find that forum, because we also posted what all the digits are supposed to identify on a trailer...as opposed to a vehicle.

EDIT: Jeff, try this link out and see if it helps.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6737
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Welcome to the forums, Jeff. We talked about the VIN numbers awhile back in identifying the model year. Let me go back and see if I can find that forum, because we also posted what all the digits are supposed to identify on a trailer...as opposed to a vehicle.

EDIT: Jeff, try this link out and see if it helps.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6737

Thanks For The Link, After Years Of Watching & Reading The Forums (and wanting a Trailmanor) I Have Paperwork In Hand And I'm Getting Ready To Jump In And Get A 2008 2720, I Had The Build Sheet In Front Of Me And Just Wondered What Was Hidden In The Vin.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
Mlpalmer

Can you tell me where to find the 2nd VIN number?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Is only one number but uis repeated several places (plate on outside, chart under sink,...)
The VIN is made up of several sections and this may be what you are referring to:
"(a) The first section shall consist of three characters that occupy positions one through three (1-3) in the VIN. This section shall uniquely identify the manufacturer, make and type of the motor vehicle if its manufacturer produces 500 or more motor vehicles of its type annually. If the manufacturer produces less than 500 motor vehicles of its type annually, these characters along with the third, fourth and fifth characters of the fourth section shall uniquely identify the manufacturer, make and type of the motor vehicle. These characters reassigned in accordance with § 565.7(a)."

There are a number of years when TM produced less than 500 units hence the discrepancies in VINs from year to year. In simplest terms if the third digit is a "9" then it was a slow year. Anything else, a good one.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
"(a) The first section shall consist of three characters that occupy positions one through three (1-3) in the VIN. This section shall uniquely identify the manufacturer, make and type of the motor vehicle ..."
I'm not sure that all this applies here, since the TM is not a motor vehicle. But then, I don't know the rules of VINs.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote