TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
voyager2

Default Elkmont cover

Alas, aged knees and ailing backs have forced us to send our beloved 2619 to a new and younger home. It's replacement is a new 2009 Elkmont which we picked up in Oklahoma earlier this week. The trip home, dodging 2" hail, 70 mph thunderstorms and multiple tornado warnings is a story for a different time. Fortunately, maps and an Oregon Scientific weather radio are standard equipment when we travel.

We had great success with an Adco cover on the 2619 and plan to purchase one for the Elkmont. I see that Adco has universal covers for 22/24 and 24/26 TT's. Has anyone purchased a cover for the Elkmont? What size and how does it fit? Or, did you have one made especially for this unit? Any practical experiences and advice greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Nature Recorder

Bill gave an excellent tutorial (see link below) on how to measure your trailer for a cover. If I remember correctly, Adco sizes range from 22'1" - 24' 24'1" - 26' and so on so it is important to measure widest/longest points.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...Adco#post21227
Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Nature Recorder

Sounds quite the gauntlet you had to go through to get home. Heck of a way to break in a travel trailer (no pun intended). Glad to hear all made it home safe and sound.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
voyager2

Thank you for the good thoughts. It turned out to be a more exciting trip than first planned.

What I guess I am really asking about is fit. It appears that most universal fit covers are pretty much rectangular, whereas the Elkmont has a wedge shaped front. If a universal cover will fit reasonably well, we would prefer that. Custom fit covers appear prohibitively expensive if something else can be made to work.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
kenngeri2720

voyager2 I bought one for my Elkmont a 22/24 which fits great. It has about a foot extra front and back, but is well taken up with the four corners tie downs.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
voyager2

Thank you for the reply. Guess we will order the 22/24.