TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
harryde

Default King Dome Auto Satellite Dish

Does anybody known if I can add a KingDome 9702LPR Auto Satllite Dish to my 2008 3124KS Trailmanor.

Thanks, Harry de, Port Orange, FL
Old 04-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have no experience, but the comment that is made every time this question comes up is this. The satellite dish depends on a clear view of the southern sky. If there are trees in the way, it likely won't work. Are you satisfied that your TM will always be parked in a place with a clear view of the southern sky?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
wmtire

Like Bill, I don't have any experience with the setup you are asking about, but what does comes to my mind is the actual weight of the King Dome. If it is very heavy, I would think that could interfere with the ease of opening of the shell.

Just passing along my initial thoughts. I looked it up and it appears to be 35lbs. I don't have the specs for the OE Winegard antenna. It may turn out that the King Dome is lighter than the batwing antenna you now have. I am sure you will get some great advice here on the forums from ones who are a lot smarter than me (or is the correct grammar "myself").
Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
harryde

I installed the Low Profile King Dome satellite finder. It works great and does notmake opening and closer any different.