TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #1
Casey Freswick

Default 2720 Slide out Problem

I have been fixing up a used 2720 living room slide out since I bought it a month ago. It is a 2003 so has some problems. But I did not think I would have this many. I am sure the previous edit owner messed me up by not telling me the problems. Some where expected. Replaced all bolts for tension bars with stainless steal. The battery had fallen though the underside aluminum. Fixed. New weather stripping. In process. Still trying to find a wheel for the front jack. Is there a special size? Propane refrigerator not working. Just downloaded in for from this forum. Fan on air conditioner not working. Needs to be replaced. Should I get a new air conditioner? Big problem just figured out. Slide out broke. I believe there should be 4 wheels that slide the slide out. My slide out will go 6 inches further out than it should and moves from side to side about 4 inches at a tie. Facing the trailer the left side outside wheel is missing. The middle right side wheel is dragging much more than it should and has buckled the aluminum on the bottom of the slide out. If has indented the underside about 1/4 of an inch and the aluminum has kind of folded in on itself. Of course it is easier to punch in than pull out. How can I replace the left side wheel? How can I fix the underside?
Casey Freswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Casey, if you become a "subscriber", you will have access to more threads, many of which will contain information that will be very helpful to you as you work through your refurbishing project. $12 per year is worth every penny!

But, if you can see the thread http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=17658, go to Post #4.

If you raise the slide-out, take some photos, and post them. As different years were constructed differently, your hardware may be different than what others have, so it is good to see just what you are working with. You may find the rollers in a better RV repair facility, as most parts in a TM are not unique to TM.

As far as the divot in your track, your best bet may be some JB Weld, or other steel putty. Drill a couple of holes into the dent (so the putty can get into the holes, so there is some grip for the hardened putty), put the putty in, and use a short level (for the wide, hard surface) to get it smoothed to the proper plane, so it is just like the old strip.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:57 AM   #3
Casey Freswick

Default THANKS for the INFO

On the indent problem I was thinking of screwing in a 1/16# by 2# by 4'(?) metal plate that would roll over the coaster. Like the ones on the ends inside the TM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
Casey Freswick

Default New Subscriber

I just subscribed, but my subscription has already been paid for in the savings and advise I have received. Thanks everyone for you help.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Casey Freswick

Just put new sizzer jacks on. Want to rig up tongue jack to work off electric drill. Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
kempert
Site Sponsor

I use a 19.2v cordless drill for the tongue jack and the scissor jacks. It makes thing much easier and quicker. In January, I had a guy in a site next to me slap his forehead and say "Why didn't I think of that?". I learned about it on this site.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
Casey Freswick

How did you hook it up to the tongue jack? My new sizzler jacks use 3/4" socket.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

My jacks have holes on the side so I just ground some flats on a 6" lag bolt & chuck that.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
kempert
Site Sponsor

My t. jack came with a socket-like device that you just put in the drill like a bit.
My s. jacks do not have a hole. They have a 3/4" head. I have a 3/4" that I keep with the drill.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
MrGallegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post
I have been fixing up a used 2720 ... It is a 2003 so has some ... Still trying to find a wheel for the front jack. Is there a special size? .
I would like to know that also, as I have a 2003 and it appears the inner tube is less than 2 inches, and all I can find is wheel attachments for 2 inch diameter or greater, but not any size smaller. I do not recall the size but I can check again tomorrow, but maybe 2 inches it is close enough.

Tags
slide out malfunction