TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Extreme Cold Weather Camping
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

RIWright -

That's a really nice installation, and I'm glad to see the picture. But have mercy on us! The file size is 2 1/2 MB, the picture is over 18 inches high at 150 dpi, it takes forever to load - and it is sideways! It takes only a few seconds to resize a picture and rotate it before posting it. The forum doesn't have any rules, but if the posted file size is something more like 150 KB, and it is upright, people are much more likely to see it and enjoy it.

Thanks

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heaterreduced.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	10904  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riwright View Post
This is the platinum cat heater installed. This was originally a corner cabinet that wasn't very useful.
We had a wave-6 mounted in our 31' TT, up in the front facing the living room area. It was just about the same spot. It keep the front of the camper very cozy.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
TravlinOn

I have found that living and camping in Florida during the winter months helps to keep our TM cozy.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Thanks Bill. Getting pictures onto the board has always been a bit of a science experiment for me. I tried it again. On my machine (an ipad) it shows as 185k and in the correct rotation.

When I view the post the picture is in the correct rotation, but squashed.

Maybe I'll try it with the Windows computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
RIWright -

That's a really nice installation, and I'm glad to see the picture. But have mercy on us! The file size is 2 1/2 MB, the picture is over 18 inches high at 150 dpi, it takes forever to load - and it is sideways! It takes only a few seconds to resize a picture and rotate it before posting it. The forum doesn't have any rules, but if the posted file size is something more like 150 KB, and it is upright, people are much more likely to see it and enjoy it.

Thanks

Bill
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Oh-ho! It has been resized since I first downloaded it. It now shows up as 640x478 and 118 KB, which loads instantly.

What do you see attached to my follow-up post?

I'm still betting that the original picture was posted directly as it came out of your i-camera?

Bill
Old 11-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Bill. Getting pictures onto the board has always been a bit of a science experiment for me. I tried it again. On my machine (an ipad) it shows as 185k and in the correct rotation.

When I view the post the picture is in the correct rotation, but squashed.

Maybe I'll try it with the Windows computer.
Riwright, I recently had the same issue with my picture uploaded from my iPad. One problem with uploading from an iPad to the forum is you can only load one at a time. It doesn't seem to recognize different file name, and you can't rename them on the iPad, that I know of anyway.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #17
Riwright
TrailManor Master

I emailed it to myself, which give you the option of lowering the resolution.

The one attached to your followup looks good but is rotated. The one currently attached to my post shows up as squashed but the rotation is correct.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #18
johntrob

Thanks for the picture Riwright.
That looks like a good use for the corner cabinet.

John
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #19
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
The one attached to your followup looks good but is rotated. The one currently attached to my post shows up as squashed but the rotation is correct.
This is interesting. I'm not sure what is going on, but I would like to know. On my Windows 7 machine, I copied out your original big picture, reduced the size, rotated it to be "correct", and uploaded it into my follow-up post. I assumed (bad idea, I know) that if it was correct for me, it would be correct for everyone. But I think you are telling me that as viewed on your machine, your original picture was correctly rotated it when you posted it, and now my corrected version is rotated. I have no idea why this would be true, or where the rotations are happening - does anyone know?

The answer is in the so-called "EXIF data", the metadata that many (but not all) cameras attach to pictures. Not all cameras attach EXIF data, not all graphics files have had the EXIF data preserved, and not all display programs use the EXIF data even if it is present. For example, the picture in your post has an EXIF "rotated" tag, while the picture in my followup, having been manually rotated, does not.

Simple graphics display programs like Paint, Windows PhotoViewer, and Photowise ignore the EXIF rotation tag. More elaborate programs, like IrfanView and Photoshop check the tag as the file opens, and automatically deal with it if the user has previously enabled Autorotation in the Settings menu. (This setting applies to all files.) I note that GIMP checks the rotation tag of each file as it is loaded, warns me if it is rotated, and asks if I want to unrotate it. Other programs, like the one you are using apparently, check the rotation tag, but don't tell you what it finds.

But that really doesn't tell me, or anyone, how to proceed. And I am dragging this discussion way off topic. If anyone has ideas, we should start a new thread in the Off Topic area.

Anyway, my apologies for jumping on you too quickly regarding rotation (not size, though). I'll be more reserved in the future.

Bill
Old 11-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #20
moaboy

Nice job on the install- looks professional-factory direct!