TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Trailmanorfor4

Default T shaped window curtain tabs?

I need to replace the curtains that go over the windows. I cannot for the life of me find the T shaped tabs I would see into new curtains and can not seem to find a thread on it. Anyone know or have any mods for curtains?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

A couple of years ago maybe 2009/2010 they stopped making the older style curtain glide tape. That tape had the pieces that slide into the track. They now only seem to manufacture a glide tape where the track slides into the glides on the tape. It is suppose to be more durable.

There are places that sell items that you can sew onto your curtains that will glide in the old style track. I have experimented with several and had good results.

If your curtains are not falling apart from dry rot...you can wash them and then dye them ...I did with good results. Do not dry them in the dryer they will SHRINK.

Hang them back up damp and let them air dry.

This works well just whip stitch it on...sort of like a button with a shank. http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-475.htm

This works well and you can sew it on by hand or machine: http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-354.htm

I have not tried this...but this is what you would use with the snap tape...sew the snap tape on ...snap these one and slide through the track. http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-553.htm

This is the snap tape: http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-551.htm

Every once in a while someone will say that they found some of the old style tape...but trust me..I have googled to the ends of the earth and cannot find it.

After I retire I will play around with making a Roman shade that won't stick out too far. All the ready made one that I have found stick out to far.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
knoxjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
A couple of years ago maybe 2009/2010 they stopped making the older style curtain glide tape. That tape had the pieces that slide into the track. They now only seem to manufacture a glide tape where the track slides into the glides on the tape. It is suppose to be more durable.

After I retire I will play around with making a Roman shade that won't stick out too far. All the ready made one that I have found stick out to far.
Country Girl...please hurry up and retire so you can experiment! Would love to have a Roman shade instead of the current curtains!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
REBCAT

Our fix was wonderful but not a cheap fix. We custom ordered cellular shades online. Husband removed valances and curtians. Put short screws that stuck out slightly and then drilled coresponding holes in the shade headers. Have to take up and down when setting up but well worth it. No more worring about the gaps when curtains are closed. Can have all the way up or part way.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
knoxjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBCAT View Post
Our fix was wonderful but not a cheap fix. We custom ordered cellular shades online. Husband removed valances and curtians. Put short screws that stuck out slightly and then drilled coresponding holes in the shade headers. Have to take up and down when setting up but well worth it. No more worring about the gaps when curtains are closed. Can have all the way up or part way.
How abut some pictures?
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #6
REBCAT

Hope this works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1994.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	8329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1995.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	8330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1996.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	8331  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBCAT View Post
Hope this works.
I love this. Who did you buy them from?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
LoriCalif

ooooohhhh I absolutely love these blinds, too! I, too, want all the information!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
REBCAT

We went online and found the best price for cordless cellular shades. We were able to custom order the width and the length. We got room darkening ones. On the longer window we put 4 screws and the smaller windows only 2. We had to remove the valances because they made the screws to far out so it put some marks on the outside shell. We left the tracks because they are covered up by the shades. We only did the main windows in the living area as we had reflective material covering the side bedroom window and stone guards on the ends. The holes and screws act like a mini key hole. The do have to be lined up perfectly to have the holes fit over screw heads. We then marked on inside with marker which window they went to. We also saved some of the boxes they came in and stored them on the couch when in transit.

Tags
curtains