TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2022, 05:28 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Powered trailer dolly

Resurrecting an old topic.

I have limited maneuvering space in my driveway, and my Ford F-150 requires a bit more to make the turns with the trailer. I have the hand dolly from Harbor Freight and it is no longer adequate. As my grandfather used to say, "Old age is creeping up on me", and for me it means that I really would like a powered trailer dolly.

I would prefer one with pneumatic tires, AC-powered (though I would consider battery). I'm a bit leery of the hand-cranked or drill-powered ones unless someone has had a great experience. Ground to be traversed is hard-packed sand and small gravel, no grass or soft spots, almost level but not quite. Oh, and one that does not require taking out a second mortgage on my house.

I would like to hear about your experiences with one, and good sources for them. I would particularly like to hear from anyone who has one for sale. I am located in New England in the summer, and central Arizona in the winter - could pick up from either area.

Thanks to all

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote