TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
cmc211

Default Our TM is our home!

I put my home on the market thinking it might take 3 months to sell and wouldn't you know it it sold in a week so now my wife, son and I are using our TM as a home until I transfer to Virginia in 3 months. This is going to be interesting. I have it set up at Sea breeze RV park in Portland, Tx. For any of you winter Texan's this is a top notch RV park that really goes over the top ensuring everything is ok. Also anyone coming to Corpus Christi its about 15 minutes away. I'll keep you all updated on what I do to make this work. haha. First thing I did do was bought a shell for my pickup for additional storage space.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
rockerga

Good luck to you and the family! Gotta love that storage space in the TV!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
Debian Dog

Shoot... a TM is better than officer quarters for you Navy guys

I just got done living for 4 days in the TM. It was nice.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #4
rockerga

I would have loved a 3326 versus my quarters back in the mid 70's when I was processing-out.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #5
cmc211

I'm used to living on a ship so I think its spacious!! haha
Old 04-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #6
cmc211

Well, We are on week 3 and still doing good. The worst time is in the morning when my son is getting ready for scholl and my DW and I are getting ready for work. We have it down to a well rehearsed routine now. I'm glad we have the 3326 because the dinette is a lifesaver. Thats where DW and I have our coffee in the morning while my son goes through his wake up routine. Like any other teenager he isn't a morning person. With three of us using the bathroom we dump every 2 days and using 2 of the thetford little packages no odor what so ever. We have been using the A/C every night because down here we have about 98% humidity and everything gets wet if you just use natural ventilation. Had a few strong rain storms and no leaks what so ever. So far so good!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

It does bring the family closer together to "go camping", doesn't it! We get pretty cozy when we go for an extended camping trip with our two teenagers in our 2720 (plus the cat). I can't imagine how hard it would be for everyone to have to get up in the morning and go off to work and school at pretty much the same time. I don't think we could do it with just one bathroom, it's hard enough with just two here at home!

Hope you have a good move and are enjoying your TM. Having a trailer does come in handy sometimes. I'm looking forward to some late April/May camping trips...if it will ever stop raining!

Dee