TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
CAG1976

Default Front shell adjustment for door jamb

I have read what I could find in searching about adjusting the shell height. My 2007 3124kb has always been difficult to get the swinging door jamb (side that the door locks latch to) to slide under the upper shell. Even if the trailer is level I have to kind of push up on the shell to get it to clear.

So I am thinking I need to raise my front shell about an 1/8 of inch or so. I have also noticed that where the back shell meets with the front shell right above the stove, that there is a little gap between the bag seals in that corner. So it sounds like I need to raise both shells a little bit.

From reading about this it seems that I need to measure from the ground to the bottom of the top shells? And if I raise one side then I just need to make sure the other side is equally the same distance from the ground to be level? Is that basically how it works? Once I make my adjustments to the shells will I need to watch out for other things that have changed because I raised them slightly? I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into.

Thanks,
Chris