TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #21
Allen1124

Default Couple mostly

As with any RV, it's important to think about your needs and usage.

We purchased our first RV -a TM 2720 last Fall. It sleeps up to 6 (queen bed rear; double bed front and dinette converts for 1-2 persons).

We thought the sleeping space in the 2720 was a good idea when additional family members came along. Well -90+% of the time it's just the two of us. So, we realized after a few outings what we should have thought this through more carefully at the beginning. We purchased a 2720SL (sleeps up to four, with different front floor plan) which better suits our needs.

Our 2720 is listed for sale on this web-site. Hindsight, as always, is great.

It seems like many families with young kids are moving up from tent campers or tents to a TM. The TM is easy to tow, has hard sides instead of canvas, good space and some great features. Of course there are many couples like ourselves. It would be interesting to see some statistics on this subject.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #22
middleman

Family of three and one due in November. Love our nearly new TM. Sure beats the set up time of our old PU. The Bathroom conveniance is great
for my expecting wife.

Brown Family
O.P. Fla.
2004 3124KS
2003 Sequoia
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #23
middleman

Welcome Home Son;
Ryan Drake.
Born 11/1/07
6lbs. 4oz.
Tiny but healthy.

Larry, Lieta, Scott & Ryan
Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #24
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman View Post
Welcome Home Son;
Ryan Drake.
Born 11/1/07
6lbs. 4oz.
Tiny but healthy.

Larry, Lieta, Scott & Ryan
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW ARRIVAL!!!

Chap
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #25
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congratulations on your new family member! We've had so many great family camping trips in our TM, and hopefully you will too!

Ryan will be plenty big enough to go camping soon!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #26
all4camping

I'm single and my 2619 is larger than some places I lived in college ('80). I camp with my brother and his family and so far they will let one child stay over with Aunt Dona and the other will come over when he/she wakes up. It gives mom and dad time to sleep in and Aunt Dona some really fun time with the niece(5yo) and nephew(7yo). I live in Chattanooga, TN and they live in Birmingham, AL so I really enjoy the time we all spend together camping. I am surprised at how often I go alone or grab a friend to come along for a weekend. I originally bought a pu - when I wanted a TM. So, I found mine on ebay and I've been camping with much more confidence to go on the spur of the moment. I grew up in a rural community and now live and teach in an urban setting so I really appreciate every out door experiences I can squeeze in. IAND it's true about the TM being a conversation starter. Without fail, when other campers see me set it up all by myself SOMEONE comes by to check it out. I camped my way out to Yellowstone this past summer with a friend, and this past weekend had to set up in the rain. Everything inside was dry, even though I was wet when I got all the outside work done. I'm meeting my brother and his family in Banner Elk, NC for Christmas then I'm going on to Williamsburg, VA to visit Colonial Williamsburg. I had no problems towing out west and I don't expect any problems this holiday. I have chains for the tires and they have been balanced - Hi ho! So much fun, so little time. . . .

Dona Jo
TM '06 2619
TV '03 Explorer Sport,v6,2wd,:corkysm60
all4camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
Maine Jeff

Default We have 2 boys

7 & almost 10. I am in construction, so we pick a campground near my jobsite and spend 4 months in the TM. We also have a Brittney Spaniel. The boys love it. My wife initially shocked when I brought it home, but now she loves it and can't believe I got it for a grand. They wanted alot more, but it was in shambles when I went to look at it, and I wasn't able to test it to see what worked. I ended up replacing the fridge for $500 and doing alot of cleaning and a bit of tweaking(screws, cracked vent covers, cracked faucet etc.) I still feel like I stole it. I still need to replace the battery. Haven't needed it yet.