TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We're a couple with a teenage son. The 2619 works well for our family; we take the front bed and he takes the back one. We moved up through the usual backpacking / car camping / popup / TM sequence but think we'll stick with the TM unless something that fits our situation better comes along!

Plusses: Fits in garage; easy towing; better insulated than popup; lots of nice amenities

Minuses: Lots of moving parts to go wrong; concerns with tires; screws seem to strip out of holes all the time, making it hard to replace them

So far the plusses outweigh the minuses.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
skcerny

We are a family of 4 including my 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son. We also have 2 greyhounds (male is 90 pounds and the female is 50 pounds). The dogs will camp with us sometimes on the weekends but when we take our big 17 day camping trip in the summer, they are not with us.

We have a 3023 and it works out real well. The kids fight over who sleeps on the couch bed every night. We alternate who sleeps there every night to keep the peace.

We usually are camping with other families and we find that there is plenty of room for when the kids invade the TM for board games or cards.

We did have an interesting experience last fall when we went to a rally in Frankenmuth, MI (we live in suburban Detroit) and we were the only family there with kids. Our family had a great time but it was encouraging to see folks in their 50's and 60's setting up and taking down their TM's without any difficulty. It was kinda cool seeing 14 or 15 TM's lined up in a row at the campground!

Speaking of camping, we are getting ready to head out for our big two week adventure next week to Cape Cod.

Kind regards all!

Steve, Kelley, 2 kids and 2 greyhounds
'05 3023
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
skcerny

I wondered how long it would take to rattle a cage or two! I think it is so cool that folks in their 70's can set up and take down a TM. Do we have anyone in their 80's?

Steve
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #14
Freedom

No, I'm only 61, but some times I feel like I'm 80!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #15
coulter

We are a "camping family" and still take the two kids at home camping with us. I have been camping since I was a very small child.. about 40 years now.. and have camped in tents, travel trailers, and pick-up campers as a child.
As an adult I've camped in tents, a 25ft prowler I HATED, a jayco pop up which I loved.. but got tired of popping-up, and now a TM, which I LOVE!!
I used to dream that when my dh retires we would buy a big fancy 5th wheel and travel the country.. well now I think we just might stick to TM's forever, gas prices have made that dream of mine a possible nightmare.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
Joseph

Default Just the two of us... well... sometimes....:)

Although we are usually four when we go camping. Wife, two boys age 12 and 8, and I, it is just the wife and I in the TM. The boys have “ there own” camper so to speak. The back of the truck has a small camper shell on it. Near the front is a bunk crosswise resting on the side rails. They make a “ boys house “ out of it complete with lights, heat if needed, and lots of imagination. However I must admit that the most enjoyment that I get from the TM is when the DW and I are camping just the two of us. Camping with the TM provide comforts for her that we did not have with the pop up and time for unwinding from the many responsibilities of everyday life. There is nothing like that first cup of perked coffee, sun creeping up over the horizon, sitting outside the TM camped almost anywhere…
Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #17
bgecoli

Default bgecoli

We are a family of 4 with a 12yo boy and 3yo girl. We do well in our used 3225 TM we purchased a few months ago. Lots of storage, at least compared to our old pop-up tent trailer! Nice to have a toilet for those late night, have to go, trips rather than have to walk to the campgrounds br.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #18
PopBeavers

We got the TM 2720 because it can sleep six.

Sometimes it is just DW and I. Sometimes her blind brother goes with us.

Sometimes DD(26) and DS (24) go with us. DS sleeps on the front bunk. Now that he has a serious girlfriend I don't expect to see him inside overnight very often.

DD sleeps in her backpacking tent. Allegedly I snore.

If we got a sudden rainstorm then I think there would be a lot of scrambling in the dark to come inside.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #19
larsdennert

We're a family of four, with two boys. One is 2 years and the other 2 months. We usually explore extremely remote places; the kind that require large tires on your 4x4 and at least one locking differential. We've found that lately most weekend or week trips, we end up camping in one spot and exploring for day outings. Having a house on wheels is what really drew us to the TM. The fact that we can drop the trailer and have a fully capable offroad vehicle instantly is great. Our two year old has been camping since 4 months and loves it, except when he woke up at 3am in the Sierra Nevadas and it was below freezing and the milk didn't flow so well

We are off to Escalante UT shortly with our new to us TM and leaving the tent at home. Wish us luck!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #20
SneakyFrog

Time to chime in. We are a family of five. The baby and I sleep in the back bed because I am afraid he will roll off if I'm not there. My husband, 6 year old and 8 year old alternate on the front two beds. I found some Sterlite drawers that measure 19" front to back x 16"w x 9" high. They fit perfectly in the space to the left of the wardrobe. We use three there, but four would fit. We keep a basket of shoes, a basket of towels and a small waste can on the top of the third to keep them away from our youngest. With velcro, we attached a small set of hooks to the basket and hung potholders and cooking utensils. The hooks we velcroed above the stove hold the keys and sunglasses.

PS, regarding snoring, my husband snores really, really well! I use an iPod, soft earbuds, with a loud rainshower to drown it out and it worked better than earplugs to my surprise.