TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2003, 07:29 AM   #1
bulin3023

Default Outside shower installation update

Hi again,

Just the trouble maker from Wisconsin. I have ordered the shower kit from Jimmy Davis at TrailManor. I am looking for advise or precautions I should take when installing the unit. Some pictures from an owner of a TrailManor with an outside shower would be greatly appreciated. I want to install the unit as close to factory specs as possible. If anyone has digital pictures that they could post or email to me it would be great.

I have also ordered a 8x17in. door that I am going to install as extra access to the storage under the longer couch.

I ordered outside factory jacks for the cable and phone hook ups, any pictures of these would be greatly helpful. My email is as follows [email protected] Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re:Help, Outside shower installation. pics needed

Wow, I never even thought about simply buying the kit for that. Mine doesn't have the outdoor shower, but would love to have one! Lol, my owners manual I purchaced does have instructions on using it and all, but nothing on the installation of course. If ya don't mind, how much was it? If ya find out about the installation, I'd greatly apprieciate any pictures ya get, you can forward them to [email protected] if ya wouldn't mind?

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 07-31-2003, 04:54 PM   #3
bulin3023

I contacted Jim Davis,

The kit cost approx $45.00 plus shipping and handling. I don't know what portion of the
plumbing comes with the kit, but I will keep up the posting on my progress and the installation.

Doug
Old 07-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
Happytrails

Well, that doesn't sound too bad at all! Yes, please, keep me posted!

Thanks in advance!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 07-31-2003, 05:16 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bulin -

You have a 3023, so the advice might be different. But in my 2720, the correct location is quite specific. Two inches to the right or left, and I don't think it would work. The reason? When you push the shower hose back into the fixture, it actually must coil up between the side of the bathtub and the tub surround (or is it between the inner and outer wall of the tub?) The fit is quite tight - if the hose is mis-directed, it bunches or kinks and won't go into the opening.

I hope the factory supplied really good diagrams, but if not, I would encourage you to get really good photos from someone with your model TM, before making an irreversible cut in your TM's outer skin.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:38 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

If you do not live too far from a Trailmanor dealer, I would take my unit there and measure on another 3023 where the shower is located. The plumbing ties into the pipes to the tub. Then you can make yourself a diagram to use.

One wrong cut, and you have a permannent hole to cover. It's like cutting out the sink hole in a new countertop. One wrong cut, and you have a sink that slides thru the hole. You have more courage than I would. I think I would get some advise from a Trailmanor dealer about installation. After doing this, and then getting my courage up, I just might attempt it. ??? ???

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #7
hal

One hears all sorts of talk about how to do a project. I appreciate all the questions that are posed by anyone interested or experienced with such a project. I think we are all of the type that measures six times before cutting once. One thing that I heard is that it is necessary to remove the tub during the process of intalling the outdoor shower. How would it be to tie in with the bathroom sink instead. The hose and plumbing could be more easily routed inside the cabinet on which the sink is mounted.

Hal
Old 08-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #8
bulin3023

Hi again,

Just thought that I would give everyone an update, I have received the outside shower and it came with a cutting template and instructions. I have gone to my local trailmanor dealer and took measurements and digital pictures of the new 3023 that they had in stock with an outside shower installed.

I am going to tackle, or start the project this weekend and I will keep everyone posted of the progress and outcome.

Doug
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
Shelley Glassgow

Default outside shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulin3023 View Post
Hi again,

Just thought that I would give everyone an update, I have received the outside shower and it came with a cutting template and instructions. I have gone to my local trailmanor dealer and took measurements and digital pictures of the new 3023 that they had in stock with an outside shower installed.

I am going to tackle, or start the project this weekend and I will keep everyone posted of the progress and outcome.

Doug
What was the outcome on the outside shower project? I would love to install one myself.