TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
WildWG
Site Sponsor

Default The Shower Leak Saga Continues

The shower in our 2000 2619 leaks profusely at the connection between the fixture itself and the shower hose. Replacing the hose has not provided a solution. I have read all TM posts re: this issue and still have a few questions.

The shower fixture in our TM has a little plastic "barrel shaped" "thingy" sticking out of its top/center; onto which the shower hose screws. The top of this "barrel shaped thingy" holds a plastic disc that has a small circular and off center hole in it. This disc pops right out of our "barrel shaped thingy" and I am wondering if this is the source of our leak. Should I attempt to cement this disc back in place, and if so, what kind of glue will work on this plastic?

OK, assuming that our leak comes from some as yet undetected crack in our shower fixture and that the entire unit must be replaced, please repeat the instructions on getting the dern thing out. We have no outside shower nor any under-bed storage space, so I assume that I must remove the entire panel into which the shower fixture is mounted. In anticipation of such, I have removed the two very long screws located at each end of the panel and I have loosened the caulk seal around the panel. However, the panel still seem to be held fast to the trailer wall. Are There more screws? Do I just need to remove more caulk sealant? Should I use a crowbar? Is there a secret? Should I have bought the "Aero-Lite Cub"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

WGW
WildWG is offline   Reply With Quote