TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
rumbleweed

Joel

I would run a second #12 25ft extension to the power pedestal for the second heater . Two heaters at 25A total leaves you little margin for anything else. It is unlikely you would be running two heaters, and nothing else ( WH, u-Wave, converter, TV etc) When not running a second heater, I run that cord to my Picnic table to run coffee maker etc outside.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If you get the optional built-in microwave, it comes with the circuit breaker installed in the breaker box, the wiring installed inside the walls, and an outlet installed at the microwave location. If you did not order the optional microwave, then the breaker will not be in place. The wiring and outlet might or might not be in place - I don't know. If not, it would be difficult to add the wiring, since snaking it through the walls would be nearly impossible. But I don't think that was your real question.
Bill
I'm going to have to check to see if my TM has the microwave circuit w/breaker installed.

We've run two electric heaters (Holmes 1000/1500 watt), the fridge and an LCD TV at the same time and have never tripped a breaker on the TM or on the CG pedestal.

When it's cold enough to require two heaters (I think our record was 14 degrees), we put one of the heaters where the optional microwave tray/drawer would go and aim it towards the back bed and put the other in front by the dinnette seat next to the fridge.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
BigBear

Thanks. Its is good to know that I can easily install another breaker and perhaps connect it to the outlet by the converter. I went ahead and bought a 12 gauge 25 ft heavy duty extension cord and used the simple method of just plugging in this cord into the RV box outside the trailer and ran 2 heaters that way. With the temperature dropping to about 5 deg C or 41 deg F, I could bring the trailer up to 70 deg F in about 10 minutes which worked quite well. I simply brought the extension cord in between the gap between the lower and upper walls and under the vinyl velcrowed flap. When I get sometime in the summer with nothing to do I may look into what you suggested. It is good advice anyway.