TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #21
guitartom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoBear View Post
Ok, so we got serious about the new batteries today. We decided to go with two of the 6 volt golf cart Trojans. We were having a really hard time finding a battery box that would work on the tongue of our 2619, with the depth (only 8 1/2") being the biggest problem. I finally found an old link here that headed me in the right direction. The company had a new name but here is the link for them and some pictures. http://www.batterysystems.net/locati....php?flash=usa The part number for the battery box is BX-GC2EE.

You have to look really closely but the pictures show the TM at varying degrees of being opened up. We were very careful with the measurements but when the TM was closed up it sure didn't look like it would clear. Anyway, it is all a perfect fit!

Yes, we know. We need to replace some of the wiring and yes, we know they aren't hooked up yet On that note, any suggestions about how we should leave them between now and February? Obviously, it is in our garage. It is not plugged in but could be. We have a good battery charger.

Thanks for all the great advice!
Malinda
Battery systems don't seem to have that box (BX-GC2EE.) or any other to fit 2 trojan 105's. They did have the batteries. Anyone else know where a suitable box may be found?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Some of us have used the GC2 Marine battery box, previously available from Allied Battery in Seattle, which apparently is now Battery Systems. It holds 2 Trojan T-105s side-by-side, vs. the end-to-end configuration shown in the pictures earlier in this thread. This box is used to store the batteries in the rear storage compartment instead of on the tongue.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
guitartom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Some of us have used the GC2 Marine battery box, previously available from Allied Battery in Seattle, which apparently is now Battery Systems. It holds 2 Trojan T-105s side-by-side, vs. the end-to-end configuration shown in the pictures earlier in this thread. This box is used to store the batteries in the rear storage compartment instead of on the tongue.

Dave
I ended up finding a box and cables for the end to end config at www.allbatterysalesandservice.com. The model is GCE-G and it's $40.65. I just ordered it so I can't report on specifics. Will do so after It comes.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #24
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitartom View Post
I ended up finding a box and cables for the end to end config at www.allbatterysalesandservice.com. The model is GCE-G and it's $40.65. I just ordered it so I can't report on specifics. Will do so after It comes.
Good find....... http://www.allbatterysalesandservice...cfm/4,576.html and their S&H is reasonable ($10 to our zip code). I hate it when some of these places give you a low ball price then stick you on the S&H.

I would be very interested in seeing your review on this. It looks exactly like what I would like to have. I currently have 2-separate battery boxes and I just don't like them. They are cumbersome to use.

My only concern is about the forward shell clearance, when opening the camper. This box seems a tad high for my TM.......I'll try to measure it today......

Follow-up.....
I just measured, height clearance is NOT an issue. The forward shell lifts almost straight up for over a foot before moving up & forward. I'm looking forward to your review.

I want a stronger battery box than I have because my wife stands on top of the battery box when we wash the camper and when we mount our solar panels on the rear roof from the front bunk, with the forward shell open.

I'm hoping that the lid to this box is flat so that I can put a piece of (painted) plywood on top of it for added stength.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #25
PopBeavers

I am interested in how that fits on a TM 2720 with the swing tongue. Clearance is very tight.

I have determined that I can upgrade from dual 24s to dual 27s, but dual 31s would be too long to fit between the frame.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #26
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Any update?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #27
guitartom

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Any update?
The box is due tomorrow. I'll follow up when I get time to play with it.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #28
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
The box is due tomorrow. I'll follow up when I get time to play with it.
Thanx......
Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #29
brulaz

Quote:
I ended up finding a box and cables for the end to end config at www.allbatterysalesandservice.com. The model is GCE-G and it's $40.65.
Thanks to this forum, I've got that box on order as well (from Polarbattery.com in Vancouver for the Canadians out there). Along with a pair of US Battery US-2200xc 6V golf cart batteries, 232Ah, similar to the Trojans (they were quite a bit cheaper locally than the Trojans).

Once the box arrives I'll have to figure out how to seal it and mount the ventilation hose. But it should fit just fine where the existing box in the Elkmont is located.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #30
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Thanks to this forum, I've got that box on order as well (from Polarbattery.com in Vancouver for the Canadians out there). Along with a pair of US Battery US-2200xc 6V golf cart batteries, 232Ah, similar to the Trojans (they were quite a bit cheaper locally than the Trojans).

Once the box arrives I'll have to figure out how to seal it and mount the ventilation hose. But it should fit just fine where the existing box in the Elkmont is located.
I may order one tomorrow. I'm just waiting to here how sturdy these boxes are.

When we set up our TM, we lift the forward shell, then my DW (all 100# of her) stands on the battery box to climb onto the forward bunk, to help me with the solar panel mounting. She also likes to stand on the battery box to hose off the rear shell, with the front shell open and the back shell closed.

I don't want to order this box, only to discover that it is too flimsy for her to stand on.........after-all......I don't want to hurt the battery box.....