TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
h-swan

Default Separation of corner

Help please! Need some advice. A Trailmanor owner has a problem with the upper rear corner of his trailer. (see pix attached) He needs recommendations on how to reattach separated corner.
Thanks for your response
Hal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA280043.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	6688   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA280045.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	6689   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA280047.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	6690  
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
LiveTicker

This is a FORUM. So answers should be posted here for the benefit of all. Not just emailed to a trial member.
When I break my TM it will be nice to find answers to your question archived here.

ps: Posting the year/model helps.
pps: The $12 membership gets access to a vast store of knowledge.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hal, is that you? Longtime member/leader of the Trailblazers in Colorado? Why are you showing up as a Trial Member?

I agree with Live Ticker - the answers should be posted here. I had a similar event in my 2002 TM - looks like the one in the picture is a bit older, but should be similar. In my case, I pulled off the moulding that wraps around the corner (around the joint, in other words). It is held on simply by the caulking. Once off, you can see the heads of the bolts - lag bolts, as I recall - that bind the back wall to the side wall. Figure out why they are loose. Did they simply unscrew (in which case, tighten them)? Or did they pull out (in which case, install a larger bolt)? Reinstall the moulding, and it should be good to go.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
SmokeyJoe335

I recently had a similar problem with my 2008 2720SL except my left front corner seperated. I took it to a TrailManor dealer in Glen Ellyn Illinois and they told me that a weld had broken and that they would re-weld the joint and put in some extra brackets to hold the front and side together. When I picked up the trailer I spoke with the guy that did the actual work and he said that a screw had pulled out of the block of wood and that he replaced the block of wood and replaced the screw with a larger one. I'm hoping that the repair works and although I try to be as close to the center of the front section as I can be when I lift, maybe I got too close to the corner the last time I opened up the trailer, I really don't know. But I do know that the trailer is not that old. I bought it used last May and have used it four times and THE LAST THING I EXPECTED was to have the darn thing come apart on me. Good Luck with your repair. SmokeyJoe335
SmokeyJoe335 is offline   Reply With Quote