TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
fischnet52

Default Noise when using city water connection

We have a rather new 2008 2720SD that we purchased "used". It was essentially never used - purchased new 08/2008 and traded in for a HiLo in 10/2008. We got it end of Oct. So, we are getting ready to leave on our first outing, and I'm flushing the plumbing and all. With house water hooked up, when any faucet is turned on, there is a whistle or hum that sounds like it is generated right near the city inlet. I had connected the hose first with my regulator inline, then wondered if the noise was something with the regulator, so took it off. Also wondered if it had something to do with the hot water tank filling, so waited until it was filled (no more air coming from the hot faucets) and no change. Turn off the water and it is silent.

When the system has rested for a few seconds (no water running), if you turn on the outside shower faucet, the pressure and volume is good, then abruptly drops, I'd guess with the flow being about half what it started at. Inside faucets all seem to run at same pressure. All other aspects of the plumbing "seem" to be working fine and water runs clear. The on-board tank and pump appear to work normally. Any Ideas?

We leave end next week, so any input is appreciated!

Fred
Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Right at the city water inlet, there is an anti-backflow valve. I suppose it could be whistling as water is flowing. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry about it, though it is easy to replace if you decide to do so. If it whistles when no water is running into the inlet, I have no idea what it could be.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote