TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
dfranke

Default New Owner Questions

Hello: I have purchased a 2007 2619 and have a few TM questions.

First, where is the electric water heater switch? Supposedly there is a switch behind the outside heater access panel. I am to remove a a cotter pin and press on. For the life of me I can not find that switch or cotter pin. Where is it?

Second, what is an appropriate sized grey water tote? I have read that a 10-12 gallon tote is sufficient in that the toilet only holds eight gallons. Any tote brand name suggestions?

Third. Somewhere on this site someone suggested replacing the white buld in the patio light with an amber one. My local RV dealer said no such amber bulb or amber lense exists that would fit in my 2619. True? If not could someone identify a bulf or lense that I could order? Thanks, Don
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfranke View Post
Hello: I have purchased a 2007 2619 and have a few TM questions.

First, where is the electric water heater switch? Supposedly there is a switch behind the outside heater access panel. I am to remove a a cotter pin and press on. For the life of me I can not find that switch or cotter pin. Where is it?

Second, what is an appropriate sized grey water tote? I have read that a 10-12 gallon tote is sufficient in that the toilet only holds eight gallons. Any tote brand name suggestions?

Third. Somewhere on this site someone suggested replacing the white buld in the patio light with an amber one. My local RV dealer said no such amber bulb or amber lense exists that would fit in my 2619. True? If not could someone identify a bulf or lense that I could order? Thanks, Don
The switch for the electric water heater is a little hard to see, but it's there. Remove or open the access panel on the outside of the camper (it's on the driver's side). The switch is in the lower left quadrant towards the rear. It's marked on and off. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WATER IN THE SYSTEM BEFORE you activate this switch. If you turn on the heater without water in the heater's tank you will burn out the element, pronto!! Hook up your water (or use the electric pump), open the water faucets in the sinks and wait until you have a flow before flipping the heater switch. Don't know about cotter pins- mine has no cotter pin.

Tote size - your choice. I believe the toilet holds 6 gallons when full, and the gray water tank on our TM holds 20 gallons. We have a ten gallon tote, which means that I have to make more than one trip to the dump station. If you get much beyond 10 gallons, the tote will be so heavy, you'll struggle lifting it. Some larger totes can be towed behind your TV. There has been a lot written about totes in the forum. If you can do a search, that might be a good source of info.

Amber bulb - I've never changed mine, but somebody just wrote about this the other day, saying that NAPA (I think) did have an amber bulb to fit. Take the old bulb with you to the auto parts store, and get the exact same size.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Water heater switch - take a look at this picture
http://tmphotos.org/modules/xoopsgal...?g2_itemId=194

Tote - remember that water weighs 8.5 pounds per gallon, and that you may have to carry or pull the tote over dirt/gravel/grass/uneven ground. My personal recommendation is 10 gallons, and some people have noted that a 10 gallon Barker tote can be carried on the spare tire rack under the TM. Other members like a larger tote. YMMV.

Amber bulb - the thread that Leslie and Nick refer to is
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7442

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfranke View Post
Hello:
Might want to check with another RV dealer. Our local (35 miles away) non-TM dealer had the amber lenses in stock, so I bought 1 for both outside lights. I just looked at my bulb to give you a number, but I can't read the confounded little writing. Before I got my amber lenses, I took the clear bulb into the local Advance Auto, and walked out with the correct amber match. I like the look of the amber lense vs. the amber bulb behind the clear lense......some people say that I am anal.

Chap
Old 06-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Gray water is sink and shower waste water; wasterwater from the toilet is black water. As noted in the posts, there are different amounts of each type of wastewater.
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
dfranke

Hello, thanks for the responses. Not sure how this "quick reply" works yet but if it goes to all who responded to my questions then thank you all. I should now be able to find what I am looking for. Thanks again.