TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
LittleRhodey

Default What kind of storage is available on 2720?

Thanks, everyone for answering my questions about towing. Now how about a question about storage.

Aside from the obvious cabinets and drawers on a TM, what kind of storage is available inside? Is there any space beneath the seats of the dinette in the 2720? Is the access inside or outside?

Where do you store your hoses and hookup connections?

I've read about getting the drawer inserts for the kitchen cabinets. Do screw on storage modules work inside the cabinet doors?

Where do you put your paper towels? On counter or with an attached setup?

Any help would be appreciated. I hope to get up to the dealer soon to take exact measurements, but it would help to have your wealth of knowledge about what works.

Thanks,
Sara
Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sara -

There is a storage compartment under the rear bed. It is about 1 foot deep, 3 feet high, and the width of the trailer. Half of it is accessible from inside, the other half from outside. In the inside half, we store pillows, and extra blanket, and light things of that nature. In the outside half, I carry tools, water hoses, water hose fittings, extension cords, TV cable. There is quite a bit of tool-grade space under here. You can see some of the stuff I put in mine here

On the slideout model (2720SL), there is a large storage compartment under the front couch, accessible from outside through an undersized door, or from inside by lifting up the couch cushions.

The sewer hose is stored in the bumper compartment.

We put some plastic silverware trays from WalMart in the kitchen drawers.

We have the over-the-sink hanging cabinet. It contains light stuff. Paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic martini glasses, and so forth. It is quite easy to lift up and down when it is packed this way. We don't have the over-the-stove hanging cabinet, but many folks do, and I would imagine they store the same kind of stuff there.

While camping, paper towels are in a holder that hangs from the bathroom wall over the kitchen sink. You can make up lightweight removable holders for many things, from over-the-door hangers you get at WalMart.

The compartments at the very front of the trailer, over the couch or front bed, are less useful than you would think. But with some ingenuity, you can stash seldom used stuff like CDs and DVDs, first aid kite, snakebite kit, or paperback books in them.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
PopBeavers

My 2720 has the optional 40 gallon water tank. Pump and tank completely fill the street side dinette seat.

the other seat i partly occupied by the furnace. In the space that is left I keep two of the green mats, assorted outdoor table cloths, and the propane stove that I use on the picnic table.

Over the last few weekends I have been slowly working on some drawers for the cabinets between the stove and closet. It is had to find stuff in the back on the bottom.

We have the over sink cabinet. One of these days I will add the one over the stove.

The cabinet over the front bed is mostly empty.

Otherwise we do what has already bee posted.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
101kreasons

2720- I store fresh water hose in a 4 inch drain pipe with holes and screw caps in front of the battery- I store the sewer hose in a six foot piece under the tm in front of the scissor jacks. Used wire to hold them on to the frame. Wish I got six inch so I didn't have to take the sewer hose connectors off. I got an extra spare tire holder to bungy cord a 12 gallon grey water tank. I got a hitch carrier for an ATV from Wal-mart and bolted tubs for wheel chocks, leverers, all the stuff ya need to set up and bungy the outside rug and a spare gas can. Got too much room now.