TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
NiceMustang

Default Search Suggestion...

Here's a small suggestion. Seems like I can't quite make it to the forum every day or every other day and when I come back I'd really like to see everything that's been posted since I last looked. It's not obvious that I can do this. I can look at today's posts but not "all posts between x/x and x/y" sort of thing. Or maybe just simply all this week if that would be easier.

Did I miss something or is this something the admin can attack? I would be surprised if I was unique in using this.

Thanks for a great forum folks!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceMustang View Post
..........I'd really like to see everything that's been posted since I last looked. It's not obvious that I can do this......
Previously unread posts (since last log on) are marked with an orange indicator at far left of page. This makes it handy to see latest posts.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

I use the "New Posts" link in the Menu bar.

I think it uses the it uses the date you last visited the site which is displayed in the box at the upper right corner of the page. just under the Welcome, Your Name.

It doesn't always work if I check the site too frequently, but it works most of the time...

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
AstroBruce

I tried a 1 day search after my subscription expired and I renewed. It wouldn't work. I'm sure I missed some posts. Hope someone can somehow resolve this issue.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The suggestions above are all good, and quite simple. I use the "orange indicator" approach. Leon (our other moderator) uses the "New Posts" button. It is important for both of us to see every post, and both these methods seem to work well.

For a one-time issue (your registration had lapsed for a day), it is easy to simply open each forum, and glance at the title of each thread. The posting date of the first post in each thread is listed, as well as the date of the last post. If the Last Post is older than your "dead period", it is too old.

Unfortunately, the Advanced Search function needs at least one keyword. It won't work with a blank keyword field. As you discovered, this makes it difficult to do a date-range search, even though that capability is supported.

Unfortunately again, the Search function can't be changed by the Administrator. The software is purchased as a well-supported package from vBulletin, Inc, and it is what it is. The Admin has a slew of options that he can select or de-select, but modifications to the software code itself is not supported.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceMustang View Post
Here's a small suggestion. Seems like I can't quite make it to the forum every day or every other day and when I come back I'd really like to see everything that's been posted since I last looked. It's not obvious that I can do this. I can look at today's posts but not "all posts between x/x and x/y" sort of thing. Or maybe just simply all this week if that would be easier.

Did I miss something or is this something the admin can attack? I would be surprised if I was unique in using this.

Thanks for a great forum folks!
Typing this as the URL will get the threads updated in the last 5 days:
http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/se...etdaily&days=5
(...//trailmanorowners.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=5)
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Well I'll be darned! Where did you come up with that? Do you have any other useful tricks up your sleeve?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
NiceMustang

That works great Tim...Thanks!!!

Dan...