TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #11
DC Randy

Thanks Leon. I have a towing package already installed on the Liberty (along with electric brake controller on my dash). I briefly had a concession trailer that I towed (HATED it...it was tall, light, and the axle was placed in a bad place, so it took just a passing truck to cause sway.

One of the main reasons I started looking at the TM, beside the ingeneous design and amenities, was the re-occurring comments about very little sway. I might have a sway bar installed too? or do you think that's overkill? I always say "err on the side of caution".
Randy
Old 09-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
DC Randy

Awesome...one less expense! Whew...it's all adding up, but in terms of safety, I am more than willing to go that extra mile.

I'll have a WDH installed and table the sway bar (actually the dealer said I wouldn't need it...but again I would rather hear from you all, the actual users, than a dealer).

Thanks Leon.
Randy
Old 09-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
BobRederick

Randy
I agree with Leon. I have the skid-plate sway brake somewhere in my garage. Never use it after the first trip. No need for it at all. Some folx have had a bit of sway but it is due to hanging something big on the back like bikes or generator, etc. A bit of readjustment of the payload should fix that.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #14
UpAndDown

Just to let you know, my family purchased a 3023 Trailmanor form George at Chesapeake RV Solutions in Chesapeake, VA.
As for a vehicle like the liberty, with a 2720SL all you probably need just a weight distribution not anti swy, otherwise you'll be close to the bump stops with the extra tongue weight of the SL. I owned (family needs made me switch to a minivan) a 2004 Liberty 4X4 and towed the 3023 with it a few times, even with the shorted wheel base there were no turning or lane change problems even at 75MPH on 95.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
Began researching for a camper a while ago, to find a pull along that would be best for a nervous tower, using a 6 cyl Jeep Liberty (cleared for 5000 lbs of towing). I have been camping since I was a kid--tent camping and later to a Coleman pop-up. My parents are now in their 60s and have a 5th wheel, having one through several travel trailers of various length. The point...I am no stranger to campers.

I've put a down payment on, and am supposed to go sign papers and pick up a 2008 2620SL this coming Saturday. I had my parents go look at the model I found via TM's recommended dealers (its in SC and I'm in DC). I knew at the price, they would tell me if it was a rip-off, or a solid unit. Mom called with glowing praise from the dealership, and walked me through all the components, while I viewed online asking her about specific things.

Yesterday I drove up to PA to a dealership to see an actual unit. Loved it...even more than I thought. This dealer was just starting to carry the TMs and they did a poor job at answering questions. SPECIFICALLY..and here it comes...this &$^#% toilet.

Yes, I've read alllllllll the postings here about theh topic. And thank goodness I found Bill's total explanation of how it works (THANK YOU!). But now I'm scared to death to spend all this money, only to feel like I have to use the campground faciility. I don't "do" public toilets.

More times than not, I plan on using campgrounds with full hookups, or worse case, dump station. I have a nose like a bloodhound and will not tolerate bad odors (especially when it's where I'll be sleeping!!).

I just cannot imagine ANYONE would continue to buy these EXPENSIVE popups if this toilet was an odor nightmare. It really sounds like using the blue deodorant liquids and pills, and dumping (probably daily??), would keep any problem away??

Anyway..I would really love to hear some thoughts. I have to decide this week whether to go get the unit. I've gone from restless nights dreaming of my cozy camper, to restless nights cursing myself for possilby being unhappy for buying it.

Thanks all.
Randy
Washington DC
Don't worry about the toilet...we camped in the woods for an archery tournament and trust me it was HOT and HUMID and we used toilet for everything ...it was sooooooo NICE not to have to go to the public portolet...we had no odor problem!

FYI we also had plenty of water to bath and shampoo with the 20 gallon water tank.

So when do you sign the papers?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote