TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2004, 03:45 PM   #11
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Raing and Lowering

Let's analyze this situation closely to see what can be learned.

1. John is from Oklahoma. Volunteered to learn how to fly helicoptors in the military. With those credentials, he obviously isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

2. The dealer where he bought the trailer is in Arkansas. Even though former Arksansas Senator J. William Fulbright is the founder of the scholarship program bearing his name, there is no record as to how many the graduates of that program sought careers in camper service.

Anybody see a pattern unfolding here?

On a related subject, I recently received a communique explaining why the murder cases in Arkansas are so difficult to solve:

1. All the DNA is the same

2. There are no dental records

PS: Just kidding, as I hope most of you know. I'm an Okie too and John and I have yukked it up on the phone about our meager intellectual capacities. The Arkies have just as much fun kidding the Okies as we do kidding them. As one of my dentist friends said to his Arkie patient not long ago, "nice tooth."
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:58 PM   #12
dennisu

i can only reiterate the comments by texas camper. i was unfortunate in that a squirrel took a large walnut, hull and all and left it on top of the roof. without my knowledge of this event, i proceeded to close the trailer without looking at the roof. i ended up closing the front shell down upon the rear shell and the large walnut, resulting in a rather large rolling type dent in the living area corner. i noticed during the closing that it was not going easy but had had no previous problems, so more force was in order, at least that is what i thought. wrong. alway look and clean the roof of the rear shell if needed! from experience.

dennis
Old 04-09-2004, 12:15 PM   #13
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

[quote author=G-V_Driver link=board=23;threadid=1817;start=msg12923#msg1292 3 date=1081460701]
Let's analyze this situation closely to see what can be learned.

1. John is from Oklahoma. Volunteered to learn how to fly helicoptors in the military. With those credentials, he obviously isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
[/quote]

When I left Wisconsin as a younster I volunteered to maintain helicopters in the military. Later I volunteered to fly them - in 'Nam, no less. I guess that makes me a handle with no blade - in the drawer! :P

Denny_A, (as therapy, I refuse to wear cheesewedge hats )
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #14
jniles

So all three of us have a screw or two loose. My units were the 4th Avn Bn, 4th Inf Div (An Khe) and 163rd Avn Bn, 101st Airborne Div (Camp Eagle). Was jumpin out of em before I was flying em now how stupid can that be? Ahh 2 B young and immortal again.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #15
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

[quote author=jniles link=board=23;threadid=1817;start=msg12934#msg1293 4 date=1081628403]
So all three of us have a screw or two loose. My units were the 4th Avn Bn, 4th Inf Div (An Khe) and 163rd Avn Bn, 101st Airborne Div (Camp Eagle). Was jumpin out of em before I was flying em now how stupid can that be? Ahh 2 B young and immortal again.
[/quote]
US Navy, Seawolves, Ca Mau, on Gulf of Tonkin - overhead attack helo support for riverine forces (JF Kerry's "Band of Brothers&quot. As a relative said the week before I left for 'Nam - ya know that helo pilots have 9 outta 10 chance of being killed? Fortunately, he weren't as sharp as even helo drivers.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote