TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #1
shebantam

Default Emergency Campout this weekend

The neighbor is taking down his tree, this is a trash maple, with a huge main trunk and several full sized trees growing out of the massive trunk.

A few years back, right after I retired, we had heavy winds and rains, one of those trees ws rotten where it joined the trunk and fell on our house, took out 2 pieces of privacy fence, along with the 4 x4 post, 37 ft of chain link, an 8 ft hole in the roof, a shed, 2 windows, siding, hole in Leer cap, and skewered but did not break the window in the cap...most de istating to me was it totaled my 2005 Aliner Cabin A.

We replaced everything, fixed the shed, cap and windows and actually found a 2006 Cabin A with the Expedition Package for less than the insurance settlement on the 2005.

Raymond was told last weekend, this massive tree is totally coming down this weekend.

The popup is on its pad on the other side of our lot, the Cabin A is going to be hooked up to the minivan, pulled out and taken around the block, pulled in and around the house (we have a circular drive that goes behind the house on a corner lot, to the other street) and parked in front of the popup pad on the drive, where the TM sits.

So that leaves the Old Gal to get to a safe place....my middle son was going camping with friends at Killen Pond Sp here in Delaware. When they booked, only sites left were tent only. I checked yesterday pm, and someone cancelled, do I grabbed the water electric site for 2 nights.
was going to try to stay away from son and friends, but found out the wife and daughter of the friend are staying in a cabin with their family. Mike was going to be in a tent by himself. So Shannon was going with him.
talked to Shannon who is thrilled I got a site...it is suppose to be 39 Fri night...he told me he was staying with me. Told him we can put the dinette down and Mike can stay warm too. I did dig out 2 of the zero degree sleeping bags inhave, just in case Mike still wants to tent it...do not know why he would, but never know...
another reason Shannon is thrilled I am coming?? My crockpot, they are having a covered fish, he is cooking...and I will have help with the tear down Sunday...if I am really lucky he may hang the last blind and put the spring in in the front shell spring catch. He uses z clips for his job as an office furniture installer, so he knows the drill.
hopefully when I get back Sunday, there will be no damage to the house or sheds.
Raymond is staying home, again, but is relieved Shannon is going to be there with me.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
shebantam

Beautiful weekend for camping, until Sunday morning, a drizzly morning...interesting because it was a Halloween weekend. Campers had their units all decked out including strobes.

I asked the neighbor for help with the front, he was totally fascinated with the design. He followed me around as I opened up. He told me he never saw anything like the TM. Told him to go to the website. 😊

The whole reason for the short campout was totally unnecessary as the tree came down beautifully and the tree people kept it totally on the neighbors property, our privacy fence was not touched. We figure if they needed it down, they could take it down.

Got a few pieces of the smaller stuff yesterday for next year. There at still huge pieces of the huge trunk. All the limbs are gone, one man picked up 4 huge truck loads. This tree was a monster.

If you want a good Halloween campout at a reasonable price, I recommend Killens Pond State Park, they have activities for the kids, but have to be preordered and paid with cash. Contact Killens Pond and they will give the information. I know that there are only a handful of TM owners in this area. Nearest dealer is in the Poconos and they have no stock, they will order and they hesitantly will fix TMs. They used the term "for now" when I asked him if they sold TMs. So I know most reading this will not come to central Delaware.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote