TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Privacy Curtains

A while back we talked about the feasibility of adding a privacy curtain at the galley edge of the bathroom wall. I had experimented with spring loaded tension rods, but have found that this isn't the best option because the side to side movement of the bathroom wall kept allowing the rod to fall. While "cruising" Camping World a couple of weeks ago, I saw the roof mounted curtain track and tabs for $12, so I picked one up. I think that I will either screw or rivet the track to the ceiling, and I am trying to find some material that will closely match (or coordinate) with the curtain material, so I can make the privacy curtain.

I am not sure if anyone has done this, and I was really wondering if there is any additional support in the ceiling in this area? And to the gurus here, which do you recommend, rivets or screws?

I will photograph the solution (once done) and post on my mods page.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:42 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Privacy Curtains

Seems to me that Wade did this, and maybe a couple others. Search way back, maybe two years - you might find it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
camperboy

My DW made a curtain to go at this spot, but we bought a tension rod for a bathtub. We modified (extended) the rod with a length of tubing to fit between the outside walls. Now the privacy curtain hangs on it and we also use it to hang kitchen towels on next to the bathroom wall. Works well for us.

Camperboy
Old 11-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #4
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

We had good luck using a shower curtain with cut-outs to fit around cabinets and attached to the ceiling with some small velcro strips in a prior pop-up. The white velcro was not noticeable on the ceiling when the curtain was not in place. I even had to fabricate a small cardboard "duct" to get the air conditioner air to the area on the other side of the curtain.

Don't know if that's a practical solution for TM or not, but sure worked slick in the Coleman. About 10 seconds to put it up, less to take it down.
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote