TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
mdhartwell

Karen,
That is my wish.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
moaboy

If you can sit tight, TM will be making both the folding and Elkmont series in Nebraska next year, according to the TM person I talked to today when I ordered a part.

In my opinion it is worth the wait considering all of the advantages a folding TM offers.

Good luck whatever route you take.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
SCBillandJane

I agree with the above posts that the trailmanor is a niche, expensive trailer. I also have the opinion that it allows you to go anyplace without hesitation except those places best for 4 wheel drive and a tent and some even do that. Trees can be a real problem in unexpected places. We have been on narrow roads approaching campgrounds with no where to turn around. Then you see the trees overhanging the road. Several times I have been glad that the TM was no taller than my TV. I can go on the state and US campground roads with out staying in the middle of the road to avoid the tree limbs and playing chicken with a motor home and hoping nothing was coming around the corner. There are many hidden benefits that come with use. If the TM is for your style of camping nothing else works.
SCBillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
Redhawk

There's a great dealer in Colorado Springs, CO, with good inventory last I drove by there. I'm not sure what part of NE you are in, so that may be closer or further away. There's a lot to do here, so a mini vacation may be in order.

We bought used too and I would recommend it highly if you decide the TM is for you.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBillandJane View Post
I agree with the above posts that the trailmanor is a niche, expensive trailer. I also have the opinion that it allows you to go anyplace without hesitation except those places best for 4 wheel drive and a tent and some even do that. Trees can be a real problem in unexpected places. We have been on narrow roads approaching campgrounds with no where to turn around. Then you see the trees overhanging the road. Several times I have been glad that the TM was no taller than my TV. I can go on the state and US campground roads with out staying in the middle of the road to avoid the tree limbs and playing chicken with a motor home and hoping nothing was coming around the corner. There are many hidden benefits that come with use. If the TM is for your style of camping nothing else works.
Regarding no where to turn around.

I once made a u-turn in the dark with trees all around. I wish I had a video. It was a minimum of 19 points to the u-turn. My daughter says it was more than that, be we did not count.

180/19 is about 10 degrees of rotation for each point.

It took a fair bit of patience.