TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
arangel007

Default Saturn Vue Towing a 6 Bed Traillmanor?

Hi:

I am newly retired and returning to the camping life with my wife and grandchildren. I live in Moreno Valley, California and will travel to all parts of California, Nevada, Arizona, for a good buy on this trailer.

I would like to buy a used 6 sleeper traillmanor for around $6,000, in good to excellent condition. Tip-outs would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Extras are nice, but I am willing to keep an open mind to possibilities.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
MisterP

Have you read the for sale ads in this forum? You may wish to revise your expectations a bit for a $6000 limit. It is also unclear (to me anyway) what you mean by "tip-outs", if you are referring to slide-outs like regular travel trailers have on their sides to increase floor space, a Trailmanor does not work that way.

You may wish to review the manufacturer's website for more information on floor plans and design.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
arangel007

Default Reply

Thank you for your suggestions Mister P. I have seen units at this price range. I intend to be patient. I thank you for you tip on tip-outs. I guess that is the Hi low.

arangel
Old 11-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
arangel007

Thumbs up I Am A Trailmanor Owner

We bought it . I found one shopping rvs.oodle.com. We bought a 3124 KB 2003 unit for $6,320 . We can sleep 6 to 8 people and it is like new. We will be towing it with a 2006 Saturn Vue, Honda 6 cylinder, automatic and front wheel drive. Any suggestions on towing with the VUE? I plan to be an active forum reader and contributor.

Anthony And Rosa
Old 11-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by arangel007 View Post
We bought it . I found one shopping rvs.oodle.com. We bought a 3124 KB 2003 unit for $6,320 . We can sleep 6 to 8 people and it is like new. We will be towing it with a 2006 Saturn Vue, Honda 6 cylinder, automatic and front wheel drive. Any suggestions on towing with the VUE? I plan to be an active forum reader and contributor.

Anthony And Rosa
Welcome, congratulations on getting your TM and I hope you really enjoy it!

I notice that your trial board membership is over and I encourage you to become a full site sponsor so that you can have access to all of the information on the board. You can get more info on joining here:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6107

Tim
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by arangel007 View Post

Anthony And Rosa
That is allot of TrailManor for your Tow Vehicle IMO. You will definitely need a WDH. You also could have issues going up steep grades.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Scott O

I would also like to congratulate you on your recent purchase. I would also like to add my thought that you now have a lot of trailer for your tow vehicle. Not only going uphill, but stopping in the event of an emergency. And since you are front wheel drive, the WDH is absolutely necessary to keep weight on your front end. You might check the TrailManor site to see if your vehicle is on the recommended list.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
You might check the TrailManor site to see if your vehicle is on the recommended list.
A quick comment here, one that has come up a number of times. I apologize to Scott if it sounds like I am harping on this, but
THERE IS NO "RECOMMENDED VEHICLE" LIST !
The Trailmanor site simply provides a link to Trailer Life Magazine, which publishes an annual summary of tow ratings claimed by the car manufacturers. Trailmanor does not "recommend" vehicles. Trailer Life does not "recommend" vehicles. The fact that a vehicle is on the Trailer Life list does not mean that it is suitable to tow a Trailmanor. It also does not tell you anything about the configuration of the vehicle doing the towing - in particular, the need for a factory-installed tow package, transmission cooler, extra wiring for the brakes, weight-distributing hitch, etc. And it does not tell you anything about restrictions on how you load the trailer or the tow vehicle.

I, too, am concerned about the adequacy of a Saturn Vue for a 3124. Especially when you load the Saturn with 6 people, and load the Trailmanor with factory-supplied accessories like an air conditioner, and with all the stuff like food, clothes, and water, that 6 people will need when they go camping. I urge the OP to read and understand the Saturn's Owner's Manual (I downloaded a copy, and there is a lot of good info in it). And in particular, I urge the OP to get his rig weighed! CAT scales are everywhere, and are cheap to use. I don't think you are going to like the answer, but far better to be safe than to risk disaster.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Scott O

Thanks Bill...I stand corrected on this one!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 3.0L V-6 2,500lb tow limit.

my 3124KB is at least 3200lbs.
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanted trallmanor