TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2003, 11:19 AM   #21
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Checklist (Part 1)

I can picture it now! 100 yards inside the Colorado state line, radar gun in one hand, coffee in the other and sitting behind the "Welcome to Colorado" billboard. ;D
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #22
Happytrails

Chuckle, then three seconds later, a speeder whizzes by, coffee spilled in radar gun, funny drill sgt style hat gets put on crooked, and before ya know it, short guy walks up to the speeder's car saying, "now here at the rock, there are just THREE rules"...........Nah, just picking CC. :P As an air assault infantry soldier who has had to watch out for breaking branches with the first closest thing at hand on the way down the rope outta a UH-60 Blackhawk, you can simply refer to me as a "Dope on a rope".........lol, I'm used to it......... ;D

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails............[/glow]
Old 08-14-2003, 12:45 AM   #23
ColoradoCop

???Radar Gun?, who uses a radar gun? I've got it down to the science of how many bites it takes to down a donut :P. Three bites means 75MPH, 2 bites is equivalent to 85 and so on. Tried pizza one time but couldn't figure the equation out ;D

Actually, I live in Burlington, Colorado. Closest thing to mountains here is the grain piles after harvest. We have to drive almost two hours to even start seeing the mountains. But, if you need a neat place to stay, we have a state park just North of Burlington (exit 437) or a private campground 18 miles west of Burlington (Stratton, CO exit 419). If in the area, check us out.

ColoradoCop 8)
Old 08-14-2003, 06:30 AM   #24
Windbreaker

What is the state park known for? I always thought eastern Colo. was kind of nothing, like the Tex panhandle.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:33 AM   #25
ColoradoCop

Locally, the state park is noted for "water", a rare oddity around these parts lately. Actually, this is the site of two fishing tourney's. Walley and Bass. Although, I'm known for drowning worms. ;D Fall and Winter, right on the edge of a Canadian Goose and bird migratory route. Lately have been seeing an increase in the numbers of Golden Eagles and turkey. Numerous Mule deer. All in all, a nice place to relax.

Burlington has a national certified Carousel that was shown on the Discovery Channel a while back. And in the City of Burlington is a old town village that is open year round.

ColoradoCop 8)
Old 08-14-2003, 10:17 AM   #26
Windbreaker

Might be worth a visit someday, haven't been in that part of the state or country for that matter. Looking east of there is there anything of note that you can think of?
Old 08-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #27
Happytrails

Texas C, lol, nah, that's the "affectionate" name we all know....and NP, someone has to do it ya know? And CC, sounds really nice, I used to have these things around called "friends" till they all went out your way to visit.....lol and decided to stay! (Quite a few of them in fact relocated up your way). Perhaps one day I'll have to take my TM to go "visit" them........(most of them wound up in Boulder btw, is that anywhere close you you?)

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 08-14-2003, 06:10 PM   #28
Windbreaker

Boulder is where all the hippies in the state live! Maybe your friends are just displaced, in time that is. :
Old 08-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #29
Happytrails

Lol, oh, then ya know em? Say hey to Dave next time ya see him, and tell him I said I'm not worried about the ten bucks he owes me.............lol

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails............[/glow]
Old 08-19-2003, 08:26 PM   #30
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

[quote author=Mike Laupp link=board=7;threadid=1146;start=15#msg8129 date=1060795170]I can picture it now! 100 yards inside the Colorado state line, radar gun in one hand, coffee in the other and sitting behind the "Welcome to Colorado" billboard. [/quote]
Yuk yuk! That's just how we met the Colorado Cop! Pulled off I-70 for gas at a station about 100 yards inside the Colorado border. Even had the Welcome sign! As I was manning the pump, I looked back, and there is my wife chatting with a "man in blue" (or was it brown?), sporting a BIG sidearm. She was a little nervous until he explained that he had a 2720SL, too, and hardly ever saw 'em. We had a great chat for probably 20 minutes before we pulled out, and he headed off to do some official stuff. I was even able to cue him in to this group. You remember all this, sheriff? Hope to see you next May, when we go through again.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote