TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
We use the cars every day and the TM 10 or 15 days a year. The value of the garage vs the cost of leaving the TM outside is a slam dunk for me. We haven't found the TM to have any serious maintenance issues from being left outside (or otherwise, for that matter).
I hear you, but the cost of uncovered storage in my neck of the woods is over $2,500/yr. My hybrid is about 7 years old now so if we do the math: 7x2,500=$17,500 in storage fees (not even including maintenance). That's insane for something we only use a few weeks per year.

A TM is small enough to easily keep covered so perhaps maintenance isn't too bad. An uncovered travel trailer in the sun, rain and snow is a whole other ballgame though.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
Jdr999

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
Take a look at this 2619 Sport model. It would solve your seating/sleeping problem. They are hard to find, only built in 2006 - 2007.
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2006...2619-101805107
Edit: Sorry I didn't look closer. This one does not have the swing tongue.
I have seen that model before. At first glance I thought it was an awesome layout and probably the best trailer for us.

....until I noticed no bathroom. That's going to be hard to live without. A matter of fact, many years ago I actually built a permanent inside bathroom and shower for our 2001 Coleman Utah popup..
Old 05-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdr999 View Post
I hear you, but the cost of uncovered storage in my neck of the woods is over $2,500/yr. My hybrid is about 7 years old now so if we do the math: 7x2,500=$17,500 in storage fees (not even including maintenance). That's insane for something we only use a few weeks per year.

A TM is small enough to easily keep covered so perhaps maintenance isn't too bad. An uncovered travel trailer in the sun, rain and snow is a whole other ballgame though.
I'm not so far off your numbers, when I looked at it: ~$200/mo for anything near my home. This is why I insist we keep ours in the garage, despite DW wanting the extra space...

...it would just end up full of "stuff" that should really be put away as it is now, it's not like we're needing to park a car outside or anything like that.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
We use the cars every day and the TM 10 or 15 days a year. The value of the garage vs the cost of leaving the TM outside is a slam dunk for me. We haven't found the TM to have any serious maintenance issues from being left outside (or otherwise, for that matter).
If I put my cars in the garage, then the TM would be in the driveway blocking one of the cars.

The TM and my wife's SUV is in the garage. My two full sized trucks are in the driveway.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
cstevens

We have a 2720 I say its good for only 2 people & 2 small kids........ 6 OMG you would go crazy try a larger trailManor.........
C
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstevens View Post
We have a 2720 I say its good for only 2 people & 2 small kids........ 6 OMG you would go crazy try a larger trailManor.........
C
A lot depends on how you use it. We do most of the meal preparation in the TM. We cook outside and eat outside. I carry a portable grille, a portable stove and an extra propane tank. I can set up the stove and grille anywhere I want to.

When we are the anchor (meaning only RV) for a family reunion (20+) then I take along an additional pair of gas grilles. I just take on of the propane tanks off of the TM. Fro this size group some of the meal preparation is performed outside.

Since April 2005 we have had one occasion where our adult children came inside the TM, due to rain. That was Memorial day 3 years ago. We did have a few hours of snowfall last year, memorial day.
From 5 AM until midnight I am outside. So is everyone else, except the once that oversleep.