TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
pamms2

Question Odyssey and older models (much older)...

Hello!
We currently own an Aliner and are thinking of moving up to more space and a ...BATHROOM! ;-)

We live in Florida (think flat) and would probably not venture far out of the state. I guess we can wait and get a bigger towing vehicle before we head into the smoky mtns. Can we tow with our 2003 Honda Odyssey? It seems the official numbers work, but I've seen some controversy on it. We are a family of 3 (total) and we might bring a 4th person along occassionally. We'd have all the usual 'stuff' that goes along with a family camping trip. We could travel..I guess what is called 'dry'...I see no reason we'd have to bring lots of water, we always camp where there are hook-ups for that.

Next question: Would there be a big difference in weight in an OLDER model? I've seen a couple much older (late 80's, early 90's) models(one was a 22 ft, which I guess they don't make anymore) for sale, but they don't tend to have a lot of the original info available, like weight, construction, etc. Any input on an looking at older models would be appreciated.

Oh and one more...I've seen a couple positive comments about the 'recirculating toilet'. What is that and would an older model have it?

THANK YOU!!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Have you looked in the Towing Rigs forum? There has been a lot of discussion about the Odyssey as a tow vehicle.

As far as older TM's, AstroBruce just posted a very useful link to older TMs.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=8187

Even with that, though, it is difficult to make a direct comparison. Items such as a spare tire, which used to be considered an option (and thus not included in the dry weight), are now considered standard items, which makes the new models look heavier. Just be aware that heavy items like the air conditioner, awning, swing tongue, and maybe battery are still not included in the dry weight.

And yes, it is wise to travel with no water if you know you will have hookups when you arrive.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
pamms2

Question Thank you...can you provide a link?

Thank you for your response to my questions. I am continuing my research and followed your other link.
I have search for the tow rig forum you mentioned, but I don't think I'm finding what you referred to. Could you possibly provide a link?

Thank you.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamms2 View Post
Thank you for your response to my questions. I am continuing my research and followed your other link.
I have search for the tow rig forum you mentioned, but I don't think I'm finding what you referred to. Could you possibly provide a link?

Thank you.
Click on "Search" in the bar across the top.
Click on "Advanced Search" at the bottom of the box that pops up.
Type "Odyssey" in the "Key Word(s)" box at upper left.
Click on "Towing Rigs" in the "Search in Forum(s)" box at lower right.
Click on button beside "Posts" in the "Show Results as" box at lower left.
Click on "Search Now" at the bottom.
This will return 84 posts.
Click on the link in the shaded area to look at an individual post.
Click on the link that is in bold above the post's link to look at the post's parent thread.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
pamms2

Thank you!

Tags
dry, odyssey, older models, toilet