TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
greentrail

Default How to save my fender skirt next time?

Hi everyone,

I lost my passenger side 14 inch marathon tonight on my 2006 2720 the way home and it made quite a mess. The tire shredded and spew my fender skirt on the freeway and then proceeded to smear rubber and scratch the inside of the wall of the inside shell. Then to make things better there was a huge downpour and I had to drive through all that water without a fender skirt so the inside wall and nearest curtain got a washing with highway water! I was wondering if this is a common outcome when a blowout happens or is there something I could have done to save my skirt?

I'm kinda kicking myself right now because I was tempted to toss those marathons based on the reading I have done here recently but resisted because the tires looked so good. Guess looks can be deceiving for sure!

Well the good news is that the trailer is easy to control with only one good tire and I made it home before the other tire could ruin my plumbing!!

Thanks for letting me cry....now time to buy some new tires!!