TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #21
TravlinOn

Some of the CG's we visit have problems with various kinds of ants both on the ground and falling from trees onto the TM. I found that RAID Yard Guard sprayed as a mist over the top, sides, and tires stopped bugs until rains washed clean.

Suggestion: Spray Yard Guard outward through window screens as possible deterrent to may flies, no-see-um's, etc. Might work.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #22
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

We have not had any bug issue in our first year with 25 nights out throughout OH, KY, TN, PA, About the same as with our pupups and TT's.

We have not added anything to stuff between the seals. I can see if the shells are not adjusted so the seals overlap, there would be an issue. Only seal that I think could be better in around the rear bunk, but it works ok. I just have to make sue the bunk seals is in the right place when I open it.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #23
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I find that using dryer sheets (the fabric softener type) near cracks such as the Velcro joining areas deters mosquitos and smells nice
Old 11-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
rvcamping

"about the gap that is needed when the unit is folded, does dirt and debree get lodged in the gap when towing down the road, be it paved or dirt? How about when towing in rain, does the tops inner walls get wet and dirty?"

I would also like to know this. What about the road water spray from the 60MPH wind blast going down the highway. Does it get up in that inner-wall. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #25
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

We have not had any of those issues. Along the bottom of the top shells, there are seals that meet up with the bottom of the lower part of camper. Some people say they have issues, but we have not. We have driven through some very hard rain storms at 60+ MPH.

I have heard that some people have had issues with dust when driving of dirt roads. We have only driven 20-30 miles on dirt/gravel roads and have not notice any exceptional amount of dust. The dust we had was about the same that we had with our popups and TT's.

The only time we had an issue with rain is when we forgot to fully close the bathroom window and drove through a rain storm and we had a wet wall and wet curtain.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #26
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Thumbs up

Get a chameleon for this seven year old BUG thread...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mantis_caught_by_chameleons_tongue.gif
Views:	192
Size:	941.9 KB
ID:	10911  
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
Padgett
TrailManor Master

I've been through a few frog drowners where you can't drive 60 mph (more like 20 with flashers going) with no problem.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #28
Wingedryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
Some of the CG's we visit have problems with various kinds of ants both on the ground and falling from trees onto the TM. I found that RAID Yard Guard sprayed as a mist over the top, sides, and tires stopped bugs until rains washed clean.

Suggestion: Spray Yard Guard outward through window screens as possible deterrent to may flies, no-see-um's, etc. Might work.
Thanks TravlinOn, will pack some Raid Yard Guard from now on. Am sure we may not have another incident of swarming mayflies, ants, or whatever, for a while, but will spray down the TM as a precaution. Like the idea of spraying out through window screens, as well!
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #29
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Winged, where did you go? Sterling Res? Curious, as I have been to Jackson Res, and Bonnie, but only in November. No bug problem then. I am considering other locations NE, to take the grandsons to.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #30
moaboy

Bummer or bugger!
Surprised we don't hear of this more often.