TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2006, 03:42 AM   #1
Bill & Lisa

Default Speakers in Bed area

One problem we have been trying to solve was the difficulty hearing the TV or radio from the back bed on our 3023. We found and tested out a solution this weekend. I had purchased a pair of Acoustic Research AW871 Wireless Stereo Speakers on ebay for about $50. It consists of a tranmitter unit (with power supply) and two 10 inch speakers each with a power supply. We placed the transmitter near the front TV connections where I could feed it from either the TV or the Radio (had to plug in the back of the radio and route out through the upper refridg access panel and up into the TM through the edge flap. will look at finding a way to mount on/through the side of the refridge cabinet next!)

Worked better off of the TV than the radio. Line out from the radio was not really meant to run a set of speakers but it did work. had to adjust fade control to highly favor the rear speakers to get a good balance between the front and the rear. TV, line out connections worked great and the output to the speakers was totally independent of the volume at the TV set. The speakers also had a much better dynamic range than the installed TV speakers. For the most part the speakers worked great although ocassionally one or the other would lose synch, drop out and pop back in. (seemed to be less of a problem if I wasn't walking around between the transmitter and reciever! )

It was a little cold outside this trip (37F at night) to spend much time outside but we have often wished to beable to enjoy some quiet music out by the fire and this should fit the bill for that also.

Bill