TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
pbuck1

Default home theater in a TM?

Bought a 17" widescreen lcd tv for the TM last week to replace the old 9" CRT we used. Now would like to get a small HTiB (Home Theater in a Box) system to install so we can watch DVDs with much better (not necessarily louder) sound than the TV speakers give.
Has anyone installed a home theater system? (I see BobRederick has home theater system in his signature)
The following questions come to my mind:
-Where to put the TV and 5.1 speakers in a 2720SL? This is where I wish we had a 2720SD - I could put the TV in the middle of the front cabinet between the existing TM speakers and watch while lying back along the two sofas. The front, center and rear speakers would go in their traditional positions. However, in a 2720SL the sofa is at right angles compared to the SD so viewing is either across the short side of the TM or at an angle to above the reefer. Any suggestions?
- One option is to mount the TV (and maybe even speakers) to drop down from the front ceiling of the rear shell. They could even be "permanent" installations if they ended up in the gap above the sofa when the rear shell is down. Has anyone wired into the ceiling? Existing wiring runs front to back in the wiring channel. Is this already full, or is there room to run additional cables? How does existing wiring run from side to side in the shell roof sections, e.g. to the antenna or the 12V lights over the sink, stove and bed? Could additonal wires be run fairly easily in this direction, too?
- Where is a good place for a small subwoofer box?

Maybe all this might be very difficult to accomplish, but I really would like to try instead of having to set up 6 speakers every time, so any tips would be appreciated.

I shall now brace myself for the comments from those who find this just too decadent (it does rain from time time to time, you know and it gets dark, too).

Paul