TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default TrailManor dot com Decal

To all members:

I was talking to Linda Hulsey at the factory today, and she was wondering what should be done regarding the TrailManor dot com decal that is used on the back of the TrailManors.

I am sure and I hope that a lot of you will voice your opinion regarding the use of the decal. Once the posts are in ( I hope that I receive a lot of feedback, I will let her know the results).

I am sure that fellow TrailManor owners will have a lot of clout regarding what is done on the 2005 models. After all, the changes in the TrailManors have taken place because of owners who have voiced their opinions on what things should change on the TrailManors.

So please don't let me down. I'm sure our opinion will count in the end.

Thanks

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re:TrailManor dot com Decal

Anyone who has spent any time on the road has had folks ask them about the TM. We ran our of handouts about 5 days out on our first trip. It sure was easy to point to the web address and say all questions can be answered there.

My vote is to leave it, if the factory can keep up with the orders. ;D
Old 06-02-2004, 12:17 AM   #3
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

The only reason I knew about Trailmanors is that I saw the name on the side of one up the street from where I live. While I don't need the ".com" to know how to find out more information on the Internet, from a Marketing perspective, I can see how it would help some find out more given the "niche" status of the TM.

Kevin
kdrickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

[quote author=Windbreaker link=board=1;threadid=1975;start=msg13945#msg13945 date=1086152378]
Anyone who has spent any time on the road has had folks ask them about the TM. We ran our of handouts about 5 days out on our first trip. It sure was easy to point to the web address and say all questions can be answered there.

My vote is to leave it, if the factory can keep up with the orders. ;D
[/quote]

I'm with Windbreaker. My impression was the use of a smaller outline font for the "www" and ".com" parts was pretty ingenious...kept the emphasis on the main logo but still conveyed useful info. But I'm also a techie and not a graphics type. :P
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:15 AM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I have no objection to the TrailManor dot com on the back, I don't know if it helps them sell more TMs but it couldn't hurt. I would be more of an advocate if TM would put the url for this site on the main TM site though, I don't feel we are in competition with TrailBlazers and many of the TB's are here too. (I know that was a slight deviation to the topic, but I want TM to get that feedback as well). ;D

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:25 AM   #6
rotor_wash
Site Sponsor

Larry has a good point. If you want some good info on TM, this is the place to go. Maybe if they keep the decal they will improve/update the web site??

Greg
rotor_wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:39 AM   #7
jniles

We vote (if we have one) to keep the decal and someone please update the web site. The web site is a great design but they should be ashamed of the coming soon stuff that never comes and out of date pics. It's not rocket science or expensive to properly keep up a web site. In this day with many of us old geezers being computer literate it just might be their best investment in spreading the TM gospel.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #8
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I vote to keep the decal, too. We also have run out of brochures to give people and it was nice to just point to the web address.

I also concur with having TM put a link to this site. It could only help to sell more TM's!
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #9
KB7OUR

I'm not voting on this issue :-X. Well, not officially. I removed the .COM part as soon as I could from our new 3023 last year :. Just didn't like the look and figure that most people can easily do a Google search on TrailManor to find info. The TM Web site leaves a lot to be desired and could be absolutely fantastic for little cost. New videos should be available for download, as well as the brochure in PDF format. A lot of improvements could be made in the marketing area. I love these trailers and am amazed how few people know about them. So, even though I am not officially voting ;D I personally don't think the .COM is necessary. Save a few bucks on the labels and upgrade the Web site.

Wade
Old 06-02-2004, 06:18 PM   #10
dataman20

I vote to leave the .com We turn enough heads traveling down the highway, and this will invite them to "check out that strange looking camper". We have the '04 2720SL and we are happy to give info out about it. I too feel the website is way out of date. LOTS more info could be provided to prospective customers and even current TM owners for new features, etc.