TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2002, 11:28 AM   #1

Default 2001 tm model 3023

i just have a couple quick questions for anyone.  we went camping again for second time and i am having trouble with the rear bumper as a storage for the sewer hose, everytime i remove it from bumper for use it has little pin holes in it, i know the bumper just barely holds the hose and i do have some rust inside does anyone else have this problem? And last question is right below the stove there is a cupboard but if you look real close there is a gap between the bottom of the oven and the cupboard, in my opinion they should have made the filler board on top of cupboard to bottom of oven to fill the gap not just leave it short 2 inches short it looks bad quality wise. thanks in advance for any info.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Default Re: 2001 tm model 3023

As far as the pin holes in the sewer hose. It could be from the sheet metal screws which are screwed into the bumper such as the ones to hold the trim or the lower back storage compartment.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:54 PM   #3

I purchased a brand new cheapie hose from the local wally world and had the same problem after the first use. I bought a heavy duty hose and the extra money was well spent as there have been no more leaking hoses.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:20 AM   #4
2swans

hello, emma! welcome to the group. we removed the 2 metal screws holding the white plastic storage lid fasteners down, flattened their pointed ends on the grinder, and replaced them. haven't had any more holes, and it's only marginally hard to get the hose out now. i don't know about the oven/storage--never noticed, and our TM is down right now. one of our board's esteemed experts can help you, though. i do know our oven kept sliding out on trips-dale just did some work on that. i do notice some seemingly rather shoddy workmanship--guess it's a trade-off for having a super light TM :-/. best of luck to you. see ya on the hwy.  2swans
Old 05-14-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
hal

It seems that the spring construction inside the hose causes the hose to expand slightly while stored in the bumper.  This causes the hose to bind on the inner walls of the bumper and thus sometimes makes the hose more difficult to get out.

The solution to this is to twist the end of the hose slightly (clockwise?), thereby shrinking the walls of the hose.  The hose will then slip out easily.

Also, I have purchased the parts needed and created a second shorter hose.  It is about three feet long and stores in the other end of the bumper.  This way, I don't have to always use the longer hose if the sanitary dump is nearer to the trailer.  Using the longer hose is like wrestling an Anaconda snake and sometimes it wins.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:18 AM   #6
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

So, I went out and checked my stove/oven. I also have a 2 inch gap. I read the installations directions (don't tell my wife ;D). But the stove/oven is installed in an opening size recommended by the manufacturer. I also noticed vent openings in the bottom of the oven so I'm guessing the 2 inch gap is for air flow.

I've had my TM 3 years and never noticed that gap. You are surely alot more observant than I.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 01:22 AM   #7

On our cross country trip last year, our oven 'dropped' from its place, stripped some holes and we had to do some fast fixing.  After the trip, I contacted the factory and they sent me a strip of wood (that matched) and I filled in the gap so the stove wouldn't shake apart.  Seems to be working.