TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2022, 09:50 PM   #1
coralcruze

Default No power to the 12v marker lights

In the middle of upgrading to new LED marker lights on my 2005 2720 all stoped working. Unsure why since ai was working on the front half and did get one led to fire up.

Tested the 7 pin and am getting 12.37 volts to the green marker light pin on the tow vehicle. But no power now to either the front or rear halves. Checked fuses and both fuses are fine. Rear break light, turn signals and reverse lights all work fine.

Can someone explain how I can begin to track what the issue is? How to find a short ect?

Suggestion where to go from here?
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:16 PM   #2
coralcruze

Also anyone know where the green marker wires from behind the refrigerator go? In other words how does the green wires go up to the two upper halves?
Old 05-17-2022, 06:23 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The running lights are powered by the tow vehicle, not the TM, so a blown fuse problem would be located in the tow vehicle, not the TM.

Power for the running lights comes into the TM through the Bargman connector. Since you continue to see 12 volts at the Bargman, the problem must be in the TM wiring. These light problems are very often due to a bad ground in the TM wiring, so your best approach might be to make sure that 12 volts is showing up at the running light fixtures, and if it is, start examining the grounds. Use the wiring diagram that came with the TM for help in locating the ground points.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:01 AM   #4
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The running lights are powered by the tow vehicle, not the TM, so a blown fuse problem would be located in the tow vehicle, not the TM.

Power for the running lights comes into the TM through the Bargman connector. Since you continue to see 12 volts at the Bargman, the problem must be in the TM wiring. These light problems are very often due to a bad ground in the TM wiring, so your best approach might be to make sure that 12 volts is showing up at the running light fixtures, and if it is, start examining the grounds. Use the wiring diagram that came with the TM for help in locating the ground points.

Bill
Hi bill..I agree with you. Since the is NO power at all to either front or back shells it must be the wiring from the bargman or the bargman itself. I have a new 16 foot bargman female plug and wire that should replace my existing one currently. So hope this will fix this. I do have 12.37 volts at the toe vehicle for the marker lights so there is power there.

Do you know where the green marker light wires go after they exit the refrigerator area? And is there two green wires splitting off the bargman? One for the front shell and one for the rear? They have to be going up the side arms but from there how does the wire get to the back and front of the shells?

Lastly I may have to rewire the front markers completely because I had to tug on the wires pretty good to make a connection. I don't see a ground anywhere in the front and did check the TM wiring diagram that indicates there is one someplace. I just can't find it and there is sheet metal in front of those wires in those front cabinets. What a pain in the tuhus.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post

Tested the 7 pin and am getting 12.37 volts to the green marker light pin on the tow vehicle.

Suggestion where to go from here?
Normally, the green wire on your TV is for the turn signals. I believe that you should be looking for the brown wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faq311-7-way-trailer-diagram_2_1000.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	20886  
Old 05-17-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Normally, the green wire on your TV is for the turn signals. I believe that you should be looking for the brown wire.
There are two standards in trailer wiring... one for automotive and one for trailers. They each have distinct colors. So brown in the toe vehicle is green in the Trailer for the marker lights.
Old 05-17-2022, 10:59 PM   #7
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I downloaded these awhile back. I find it was easier to understand. I hope I do not cause more confusion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9B9FB8CF-E90D-4ECD-8E62-FBFCB30E3C0D.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	20888   Click image for larger version

Name:	38BCD087-20D7-4865-AC8E-3DBA21C96F30.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	20889  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #8
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Standards be damned, let’s look at the TrailManor schematic… Green is running lights. Brown is right turn/brake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53E6DFE7-CE2B-44D5-B468-95D83F3637DD.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	20891  
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:32 AM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Standards be damned, let’s look at the TrailManor schematic… Green is running lights. Brown is right turn/brake.
Where/why on earth did TM come up with that?

I've installed a number of trailer Bargman Cords and never seen anything like that.

Thanks for the correction. Nice to be aware of that in case we have light issues on the road. I would have gone crazy trying to do any repairs.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:20 PM   #10
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Where/why on earth did TM come up with that?

I've installed a number of trailer Bargman Cords and never seen anything like that.

Thanks for the correction. Nice to be aware of that in case we have light issues on the road. I would have gone crazy trying to do any repairs.
I just found this out myself when I picked up a Hopkins trailer end connector. That package showed automotive 7 pin with its set of colors and trailer end 7pin with a completely differant set of colors. Drove me nuts because on top of this the male and female are mirror of each other so top right pin on the trailer connects to top left on the tow vehicle. Finally broke down and maped out a diagram on paper to make the darn connections. Lost some time but got it done.