TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
househunterlives

Default Built in step for bed

Be neat if Trail Manor could design a built in step that would fold down to get in to the bed. It can even be a after market design which we could add to our older TM's. Would also double as the inside storage door too.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Dave99gst

Either it would have to collapse into the rear storage area .. or the Fold down wardrobe would have to be removed or redesigned.
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I use a Rubbermaid product utility step and place in front of the underbed storage area. When we close up camp, it stores in the bathtub. With the king bed, its at just the right spot to extend off the bed when exiting. I would think TM could not design one to fit all types of users...

rv

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Pitbull

My TM (new) came with a fold up plastic step stool.

Koz
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Scott O

Ours also came with the fold-up step stool, I suspect this is a standard item. I have often thought about replacing it, but haven't got around to it yet. The standard step works OK when there is light, but it is a small target to hit if you get up at night, and it's small footprint doesn't exactly inspire stability confidence. Some day I'll get a wider 2 step model...
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
househunterlives

Default Step

DW bought one from BigLots that folds up flat. Cost about $8. Its enought to help stepping up but would be great if it was a 2step stol. If they can make a trail fold up I think they could design a 3step ladder that would fold up into the storage space where the storage door is and still keep the storage on either side.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Scott O

No doubt they could and it would be a good idea. But it wouldn't help you or I much, would it? But in thinking further, I wouldn't be willing to give up even a little storage space to accomplish it. Easier to just fold the thing up and put it into the bathtub.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
PopBeavers

Our TM 2729 came with a plastic step. It does not fold up. It might have been added by the dealer.

I bought a fold up step for the TV, 2500HD GMC. My wife uses it to get in and out of the truck. She has bad knees. Just had one knee replaced in October.

She finds it easier to get into the rear bed of the TM than it is to get into the truck.

I would not give up the rear cabinet at the rear end of the hall. It is full. Where would I put that stuff?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

Default door step

now folks
this is thinking outside the box, do not lose the storage box, but what about the door it'self, being made into the step, mybe somekind of fold out ,then folds up and makes the door, not that i would ever get around to it, but it does make me think.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhotel View Post
now folks
this is thinking outside the box, do not lose the storage box, but what about the door it'self, being made into the step, mybe somekind of fold out ,then folds up and makes the door, not that i would ever get around to it, but it does make me think.
I thought about something like this a LOT. Reworking the door with panels that can fold up/down, pop out legs, etc...

Then, I realized that I need two big, flat, platform steps to let my dog get up and down onto that back bed (I have an inflatable mattress as well as a foam topper, so fully deployed the bed is ~9" high). So I built a staircase from milk crates and shelves, and now he and the DW are happy. It's annoying to get to the under-bed cabinet and drawers, but some sacrifices are necessary :P

In truth, I'm still researching and thinking about possible solutions, so I'll be curious as to what others might be thinking...
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote