TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
BeerCan

Default Just got my NTM 2004 3023

After lots of searching and driving I finally found a TM that fit my budget and was in decent shape. Even after reading on the forum how well it towed I was still amazed. It tracked perfect and was easy to maneuver. I do however think one of my brakes has a slight rub. I was planning on looking at the bearings anyway so I will probably do a complete brake overhaul.

Unit is a little dirty and seems to suffer from lack of use. Some of the wingnuts and other connectors are frozen and/or show signs of corrosion. Nothing serious and I guess it should be expected.

Anyway I am sure I will have more than a few questions, but I know that this is the forum that will help me get through it

BTW this is my first camper and I know very little about camping so if I ask stupid questions please go easy LOL

Cheers
BC
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
rumbleweed

Gongrats and ask away, I am sure you will find someone here who can assist in almost all your efforts. Keep us posted onyour progress. Don't forget to take before pics so you can display your progress.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Congratulations BC.

To get the most out of this forum you might consider becoming a Site Sponser. It is only $12, and you will be able to see all the forums again.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
BeerCan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wire View Post
Congratulations BC.

To get the most out of this forum you might consider becoming a Site Sponser. It is only $12, and you will be able to see all the forums again.

Keith
Sent my money yesterday Just waiting for it to be turned on
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Joseph

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Debbie in Texas

I just signed in! I'm new to the forum but we've been TM owners for 7 years now. We bought an '04 2619 in Aug. 2003. We love it! But we started thinking that someday we may want to live in it. We're looking for land again and we'll eventually build on it. So we started shopping around for a full size, more living and storage space unit. We saw some really nice models out there but came to the conclusion that with this almost paid off we didn't want another 12 year loan. So we brought her home and got her road ready again.

With age comes maintenance. Tightening this, blowing air into that, cleaning out over there. New tires cost us $425 at Discount Tire for 3, new battery $75, and a LOT of elbow grease. White zip ties were used on ours to strap down the electrical cables. They are rotted. We replaced all of them with the black UV proof ties. She's road ready again and I can't wait to get back out there. We haven't been for 4 years now.

Our biggest trip with her was from Michigan > Seattle > through Oregon seeing everything in sight > into Monterey Bay CA > back to Michigan. She was a joy to tow through the mountains. Our next big trip was from Texas > Michigan > California > back to Texas. When we got home we found a lot of bolts loose. Important bolts like on the hitch. Just something to check periodically. We also lost the spare tire and had to replace the rack due to not seating it back into place properly. Luckily it didn't go through the windshield of the girl behind us...